WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 10,026 guests, and 420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Originally Posted by jemarc
hi, hope your cats ok this morning x if you get housing benefit or council tax benefit contact PDSA liverpool,0151 933 6260 they will help but you must ring them first and alls they will ask for is a dontation it doesnt matter how big or small and this covers the cost of treatment and any ops or medication you cat may need. hope all goes well x

the pdsa in lpool are great they hand you an envelope for your donation so only you know what you give so it could be as little as £5

[Linked Image]
The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.
Google Ads
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
taken from the email we sent this morning

This morning just after 9am a female officer phoned us after the last person telling us nobody was coming out, she was friendly on the phone and when she first arrived then she seen that our cat wasn't as bad as she thought and then she received a phone call while she was here from the RSPCA department telling her that i had made a complaint to the chief executive and that's it things changed and she got nasty and really funny with myself and my wife.

She also said to myself and my wife i don't know if i should take her now seeing as you have complained about us which we was very shocked at these comments.

She then spoke down to us and said you shouldn't have complained to you, then i told her that there is many complaints made about the RSPCA on the internet and she told me that we was slagging your company off when we was just stating a fact to her.

She did say our home was lovely and there was no need for the cat to really have to go but she would take her to help us.
The officer kept on saying about how you are a charity but that is what charities are there for to help animals in need and that's the only reason we contacted you to make sure our cat got given to someone who could look after her because we couldn't due to money problems and change of circumstances, and that's all we care about is our cat nothing else.

She was even forcing us to donate to your charity even though we had told her and all your advisors how we didn't have money to even pay bills.
The male last night at 00:20am and this female really need some talking to and telling how to do there job correctly and have some people skills because these two RSPCA members don't have this at all.

She even went over to our rabbits cage to make sure he was ok which she had no right to do when it is about a cat here not anything else.
It is the cat that we was concerned about nothing else.

so annoyed i would love to find out were she lived grrrrrr.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have a fast tag to go through the tunnel. I overpay that by £5 a month and gradually I have saved up a rather nice little pot. This is the money I use to see to my cats if they ever need to go to the vet. It has come in as essential a few times over the last couple of years. It beats messing around with insurance companies and filling in forms for claims etc. I personally wouldn't take on an animal without the means of caring for it, although I would never give up a pet if my circumstances changed unless it meant that the animal would have a worse quality of life. I sympathise greatly with anyone who has lost a source of income and is struggling with looking after a pet.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Originally Posted by manic28_am
I have a fast tag to go through the tunnel. I overpay that by £5 a month and gradually I have saved up a rather nice little pot. This is the money I use to see to my cats if they ever need to go to the vet. It has come in as essential a few times over the last couple of years. It beats messing around with insurance companies and filling in forms for claims etc. I personally wouldn't take on an animal without the means of caring for it, although I would never give up a pet if my circumstances changed unless it meant that the animal would have a worse quality of life. I sympathise greatly with anyone who has lost a source of income and is struggling with looking after a pet.

thanks for your comments.
we have both felt really bad today like we have done something wrong but its all for the best for the cat. But at least we know she is guaranteed to get the treatment she needs.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Just for future reference, Upton vets (out of the way i know) will treat animals and then take instalments for any payments. If you are on any benefits you are able to take your vet bill to RSPCA on Livingstone street in Birkenhead, and apply to have help towards your overall bill.

Rspca on LivingStone Street are open only for a few hours a couple of days a week, and I think a consultation costs about £10.

My cat was run over and broke her shoulder, as she was pregnant I chose to scrimp and save and pay for her to be operated on. In total the bill came to £681 after the Rspca paid their bit I was left with £225, not ideal but better than the full amount.

My cat recovered well and gave birth about 4 weeks later to ONE kitten, about 8 months later she escaped from my house when one of the kids opened the back door and she was never seen again ... Thats gratitude for ya.

Last edited by Schuu; 9th Sep 2011 8:38pm.
Addict
Addict
I may be wrong but I thought the place on Livingstone st had closed down? About 2 years ago I found a kitten in my back yard,rang the rspca and they wernt interested unless I kept him and they would give me vouchers towards neutering..after putting cards up in shops i found anther home for him after no response!!! hope you get your cat sorted.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by The_Monk
and it annoys you more when i have never had a day not working since i left school and the time i do need help i get nothing or my family.

paid enough tax for all them out there to get there wide screen tvs who dont work and lovely holidays and what ever else they buy.

This is what's wrong with this site ..this photo caption should be removed ...not funny ..just offensive..every sympathy with the animal non for the arse who loves the "f" word

Old Hand
Old Hand
Not very good at posting my comments... they were meant to be addressed at the caption with the photo of the RSPCA officer...(see my previous post).
This site is brilliant ..please don't spoil it by the Sh**e language, not everybody is used to it... c'mon everybody lets make this forum a bit more classy!!!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

I really hope you can get treatment for your cat and it's not too serious. frown

I think that pic sums up the arse-pca and what they are about.
the Livingstone road clinic has closed down..not enough funds I think they said. hmmmm!! with millions in the bank i dont suppose there is enough for a small animal clinic... a nice posh car and a big house and offices etc etc etc maybe, but not a clinic.... smirk

The PDSA are brilliant. I just wish we had one over this side of the Mersey frown ...wouldn't the vets in this area be worried then?

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Originally Posted by torryman
Not very good at posting my comments... they were meant to be addressed at the caption with the photo of the RSPCA officer...(see my previous post).
This site is brilliant ..please don't spoil it by the Sh**e language, not everybody is used to it... c'mon everybody lets make this forum a bit more classy!!!

you will see worse language than that on here. and you also say about the bad language then swear yourself.
pmsl what a joke.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
You want the RSPCA's help but [censored] them off to death, make your mind up?

It's funny how you blame your own problem on someone else like the RSPCA, if you had pet insurance all this would of been sorted.

Change of circumstances or what ever you bought the pet knowing things change, the pet is your responsibility. Take responsibility of your own actions and stop blaming them on other people!

Last edited by davaw1; 10th Sep 2011 5:12am.
Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by The_Monk
Originally Posted by torryman

you will see worse language than that on here. and you also say about the bad language then swear yourself.
pmsl what a joke.
C'mon monk you know I censored my remarks

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Originally Posted by davaw1

It's funny how you blame your own problem on someone else like the RSPCA, if you had pet insurance all this would of been sorted.

Change of circumstances or what ever you bought the pet knowing things change, the pet is your responsibility. Take responsibility of your own actions and stop blaming them on other people!

get a grip member, your the only person out of everyone here who hasn't had anything sensible to say. think before you type and dont make yourself look a fool.

Newbeee
Newbeee
If you have a sick pet, why did you ring the RSPCA :s they aren't vets. And let's be honest it's your bill why should they pay it?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by davaw1

Originally Posted by Ali90
If you have a sick pet, why did you ring the RSPCA :s they aren't vets. And let's be honest it's your bill why should they pay it?

This is the reason I don't come on here very often anymore. it's rude and uncalled for. mad

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,248 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,369 Spotted!