Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,886 guests, and 533 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
http://news.sky.com/home/article/16049248

if they evict everyone charged and found guilty of rioting, where the heck are they gonna put them?
and if the council won't pay their rent, how can they find a home?

i don't think this will solve the problem, will just cause a bigger problem...

and will england end up with Ghettos full of the homeless?

also while on subject of rioting the youngsters that are too young to be charged, surely the parenst can be prosecuted for being unfit, as in letting 9yr olds out late at night...

what do you think?

Google Ads
I honestly thought that letting your 9 yr old out alone that late at night was classed as neglect or something.

The parents of the youngest ones need to be heavily fined to make them sit up and face their responsibilities, but I think some of them wouldnt care less. Plus isnt there a system in place for doleys who need to pay fines, something like they only pay a pitence every week out of their dole? I dunno but I'm sure I heard a mum at school saying she had to pay a fine that way. If thats the case even fining them isnt going to bother them.

As for evicting them I agree with you - where the heck are they going to go? Into private rentals? I My sis tried getting into the property rental game and has had nothing but trouble with tenants - I was totally shocked to know that housing benefit is paid to the claiment and not the landlord so the scumbags can spend it on whatever they want and the landlord can doing pretty much bugger all about it, they get no support from the benefits people - youd think the benefits offices would be up in arms about the housing benefit not being used for its purpose but no, you get nothing from them but a verbal shrug off. So evicting these council tenants and sending them presumably to find private rentals is just the council passing the sh*t onto hard working private landlords.

Anyone been watching Torchwood this week - lets do that, only instead of the sick and "dead" lets get all the ... bags - stick them in big camps and "dispose" of them laugh

Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by MediKated
I honestly thought that letting your 9 yr old out alone that late at night was classed as neglect or something.

The parents of the youngest ones need to be heavily fined to make them sit up and face their responsibilities, but I think some of them wouldnt care less. Plus isnt there a system in place for doleys who need to pay fines, something like they only pay a pitence every week out of their dole? I dunno but I'm sure I heard a mum at school saying she had to pay a fine that way. If thats the case even fining them isnt going to bother them.

As for evicting them I agree with you - where the heck are they going to go? Into private rentals? I My sis tried getting into the property rental game and has had nothing but trouble with tenants - I was totally shocked to know that housing benefit is paid to the claiment and not the landlord so the scumbags can spend it on whatever they want and the landlord can doing pretty much bugger all about it, they get no support from the benefits people - youd think the benefits offices would be up in arms about the housing benefit not being used for its purpose but no, you get nothing from them but a verbal shrug off. So evicting these council tenants and sending them presumably to find private rentals is just the council passing the sh*t onto hard working private landlords.

Anyone been watching Torchwood this week - lets do that, only instead of the sick and "dead" lets get all the ... bags - stick them in big camps and "dispose" of them laugh

Knee jerk and not thought out at all, 1700+ families evicted, got to be at least three to four thousand homeless people living on the streets.

When looking at the damage and mess the seventeen hundred did just for fun, imagine what they could do when doing it for survival, being homeless and penniless.

Time to build more prisons so that they can be removed from the backs of society for a while, had we not gone soft on petty crime due to lack of prison space in the past, this may not have happened.

As for the camps, thin end of the wedge, whilst appearing a good idea, who or what demographic is next for the camps.

To paraphrase Niemöller.......

First they came for the rioters and looter,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a rioter or a looter.

Then they came for the unemployed,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't unemployed.

Then they came for the pensioners and sick,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a pensioner or sick.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
I would imagine that it will only happen to one or two and that will be enough of a deterent to the majority
Beechwood & Ballantyne HA currently run this policy and they do implement it .
I believe that was how they cleaned up Ford Estate when it was at it's worst.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
To be honest the best way of dealing with convicted rioters is to send them jail, or some unused army camp for a time determined by the judge.
It's the only way to be fair, despite how much money a person has or has not or wheather they live in a mansion or council house the sentance is the same !.

Come to think of it how will the offenders be thrown out of their house if they just happen to own it !!!.

Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
Originally Posted by Historybook
To be honest the best way of dealing with convicted rioters is to send them jail, or some unused army camp for a time determined by the judge.
It's the only way to be fair, despite how much money a person has or has not or wheather they live in a mansion or council house the sentance is the same !.

Come to think of it how will the offenders be thrown out of their house if they just happen to own it !!!.

totally agree..

it doesn't affect home owners, its council tennants

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Home owners property is, for the most part, not subsidised by the councils using tax payers money

Originally Posted by SilverbackAnyone been watching Torchwood this week - lets do that, only instead of the sick and "dead" lets get all the ... bags - stick them in big camps and "dispose" of them laugh [/quote

As for the camps, thin end of the wedge, whilst appearing a good idea, who or what demographic is next for the camps.

Hun I was joking about the camps! Jeez I was reference a tv show I thought that would make it obvious it wasnt a totally serious suggestion! Plus I put at smiley at the end!

Wise One
Wise One
OK I live in a council property and part of the tenancy agreement states that me and my wife as the named tenants are responsable for others living or visiting at our address whether children or adults.

Some of these rioters/looters probably dont live in such accomadation so makes evicting them tricky. I would give a final warning to anyone 18 or over that another coviction for anti social behaviour will maen they are evicted and not the whole family. If they are under 18 I would give the final warning to the parents that the family will be evicted if the minor is anti social again.

Last edited by dizdazdoz; 14th Aug 2011 8:13pm.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I'm in two minds about this, because yes as good as evicting them sounds - the truth is, is where would they go? They would end up on the streets causing more mayhem, than they do now.

I don't know what the best course of action would be - yes they only have a certain amount of money to live off, and yes they need a roof to live.

However, what they could do, is all the people that have been charged and live in a council house, if they work - up their council tax to pay for the 'damage' and 'stealing'. If they don't work, give them vouchers to buy food for 6 months instead of giving them money (that they can spend on anything). To be honest it is a difficult one - army base isn't such a good idea - because altho they deserve what they get - the young children that are in primary school shouldn't have to be moved.

It's a very hard situation for the government to be in to be fair - but I don't think evicting them is the best way, but i'm not sure of any other way to deal with it!

[Linked Image]
Nikki Abbo! wink Life isnt a practise,you have to get it right first time! smile
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
couldn't you put them in the football cages on the estates and feed them through the bars?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Spritey_Nikki
I'm in two minds about this, because yes as good as evicting them sounds - the truth is, is where would they go? They would end up on the streets causing more mayhem, than they do now.

Same here!

Whilst there is no excuse for what happened, and the guilty need to be punished, society can't afford to cut people even further adrift, so they have no stake whatsoever in their communities.

As a previous poster stated, fines are not the answer, because the repayment terms are set on ability to pay, so for someone on benefit, it is usually no more than a couple of quid a week, no matter how big the imposition.

I guess the bigger picture is, despite most people's revulsion at the behaviour of out of control criminals, short of locking them up and throwing away the key, or executing them, both of which are clearly excessive, how can they be persuaded that alienation from their communities is not something they should rely on as an excuse for unacceptable behaviour?

I would start by making sure they have to make severe reparations, in terms of community service, but strictly enforced, unlike the current regime, with the threat of an austere custodial alternative should they not comply, but other than that, I agree, it is difficult.

There was a good piece in one of the broadsheets about society in general though, and how unhealthy attitudes, however repugnant, are not exclusively the preserve of the underclass.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/p...iety-is-as-bad-at-the-top-as-the-bottom/

Addict
Addict
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/petero...-as-the-bottom/

What a brilliant article. Speaks volumes.

Clones are people two !
Addict
Addict
2 words ................

NATIONAL SERVICE!!!!!

That's all, thanks whistle

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by Volly
2 words ................

NATIONAL SERVICE!!!!!

That's all, thanks whistle
withthat

Conscription, people talking about human rights etc, these people don't act human far as i'm concerned animal rights don't even apply, if they are big enough to play ten men robbing shops they are big enough to deal with the outcome when the **** hits the fan.

Can honestly say PC should go out the window when dealing with ... like that

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am