WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
StuyMac Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Following on from a couple of recent threads / news storys....

Originally Posted by Daily Mail
Nearly three quarters of Britons think there are too many immigrants in the country, a survey revealed yesterday.

The international poll, by IPSOS Mori, put the UK third highest in a league table of 23 countries according to concerns about migrant numbers.

And it showed Britain topped the table of countries according to concerns over the impact of migrants on public services.

[Linked Image]

Full Story

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
Google Ads
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
One of those subjects that ends up with you labelled a racist.

There's too many people in general in the country in my opinion, so seems only fair we get rid of the immigrants first and stop them bloody well coming in.

StuyMac Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Racism is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race.

This article is dealing with immigtartion wink

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
I know what racism is but you can't deny that the subject brings with it cries of racism.

I'm not a racist, and I don't judge people by their race (probably one of the only things I don't judge them by raftl ) but I'm a firm believer that as a country we are far too soft.

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
To clarify so we know where we are going with this banning of immigrants, does it mean only those with brown skin or do we include, Americans, Canadians etc and break off all European treaties on the movement of labour. Are we prepared to have all the British living abroad sent back.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Yes it is a very fine line with being labelled a racist.

I lived in a Middle Eastern country for many many years, and I am not racist in the slightest. I followed their rules and regs for the country I lived in - and didn't have a problem with doing that.

I do however, disagree with how many immigrants we have in this country. This doesn't make me racist. I don't understand why they are being given so many rights - being able to build mosques, and being able to take time out in work to prey, why they are able to cover their faces, why they are able to have somebody arrested for racial abuse, but when it's the opposite (them doing it to us) nothing happens :-S we don't have freedom of speech evidentally.

There have been two situations that have been stopped recently with regards to religous beliefs and forcing them onto other people. For example, the Shria law in London - them trying to make certain zones whereby theres a ban on Acohol, Prostitution, Smoking etc...this is being looked into by Scotland Yard. The other was whereby two muslims put black paint on Lynx advertisments (a woman in short, low cut dress) on billboards because it wasn't appropriate for the town they were in (because majority were muslims), they have since been arrested for this.

I'm not at all racist, but I dont see why when we visit their country we have to abide by their rules - and yet in this country they have free reign to do what they want.

We should have a new rule like France - I agree with what they have done in recent months.

[Linked Image]
Nikki Abbo! wink Life isnt a practise,you have to get it right first time! smile
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Daily Mail
Nearly three quarters of Britons think there are too many immigrants in the country, a survey revealed yesterday.

first off it's from the daily mail, we all know what that rag is like wink

secondly, i never took part in the survey, as i'm sure no one here did. just another thing to prove that 95% of statistics are made up wink

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
And how is it fair that our unemployment rate is so high - yet nearly every immigrant has a place of work.

Same as why is fair that we have families struggling to live - and yet we have immigrants in £1,000pm houses in London paid for by the dole....???

[Linked Image]
Nikki Abbo! wink Life isnt a practise,you have to get it right first time! smile
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
That's not biased journalism at all, with the nice picture of the (very)few women that wear a full head burqa. /rolls eyes.

-----
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
Originally Posted by bert1
To clarify so we know where we are going with this banning of immigrants, does it mean only those with brown skin or do we include, Americans, Canadians etc and break off all European treaties on the movement of labour. Are we prepared to have all the British living abroad sent back.

Certainly from my point of view it's anyone coming into the country taking jobs and leaving so many Brits unemployed.

There's another side of the coin which says well they're only taking the jobs that nobody else wants to do. Defending that is easy, look how many people on here are desperate for jobs but can't find one.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by bert1

In 1830 the British Army was composed of 40% Irish and in 1861 25% of people living in Liverpool were also Irish.

Being English or British has always been a Heinz57 mix, and our heritage is constantly being enriched by those who come to live here, most of whom work very hard.
Would think not many on the Forum, who have not descended from Immigrants to our shores.

In the 1950's our transport would have come to a virtual standstill without those who came from Caribbean to work on the buses, and of late where would our hospitals be without the medics from overseas?

People don't moan about those who go to live in Spain and elsewhere.

It is tricky to get the quota's right so we are not swamped but I am sure this will never be the case.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Nobody
Certainly from my point of view it's anyone coming into the country taking jobs and leaving so many Brits unemployed.

This is possibly the most common and lamest argument used in any debate about immigration. It's why people cry racism when it's bought up, because logically if immigrant workers are getting jobs over english workers it's because they are simply better than the english candidates interviewed. Better work ethics, willing to work more hours. There's still the minimum wage, brits just have bad attitudes and are fooking lazy.

-----
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum

In 1830 the British Army was composed of 40% Irish and in 1861 25% of people living in Liverpool were also Irish.

Would think not many on the Forum, who have not descended from Immigrants to our shores.

In the 1950's our transport would have come to a virtual standstill without those who came from Caribbean to work on the buses, and of late where would our hospitals be without the medics from overseas?

People don't moan about those who go to live in Spain and elsewhere.

There we have the other side to the argument, put very well.

I'm 1/4 Norwegian, so who am I to comment on immigration?

Other than to say when my Grandfather came here during the war, he was actively involved in it, spoke English as his first language and my father went to school with English as his first language and subsequently neither him, my mother or any of his kids have ever taken a penny from the state - in fact have contributed very much - to the local economy in particular having developed most of the Conway Park area of Birkenhead during the 1990's.

A lot of it comes down to what you intend to contribute and how well you integrate into society, certainly not to do with the colour of your skin.

N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
Originally Posted by ex0__

This is possibly the most common and lamest argument used in any debate about immigration. It's why people cry racism when it's bought up, because logically if immigrant workers are getting jobs over english workers it's because they are simply better than the english candidates interviewed. Better work ethics, willing to work more hours. There's still the minimum wage, brits just have bad attitudes and are fooking lazy.

I agree with these points...

It doesn't help our economy though does it. I appreciate what you are saying and from a business point of view you want the best person for that job, but if they weren't here then the next person WOULD be the best person for the job, we'd be paying out less in benefits and the country would be in a better state, in my opinion of course.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by ex0__
Originally Posted by Nobody

It's not 'simply' that way ex0_. Yes a lot of the time it's because they will work more hours - but they still have to have the same legal breaks in between. Yes they have to have minimum wage - but so would the British person given that job.

I would like to know how factory work, and cleaners - and hor immigrants are better than the English candidates?

Brits have bad attitude to work because they have been given the life of riley on the dole - not needing to work and having everything paid for. However, there's people that have been working all their life - been laid off and would do anything for another job, no matter what it was doing and yet they can't get one, because immigrants have taken them.

Then it also brings into question - why we have heroes coming back from Afghan and getting benefits turned down - and yet we are paying for immigrants to live in expensive properties in the middle of our capital. they have 5-6-7 kids, and we're paying for them - and yet making cuts to our defence..........no I'm sorry, we do have too many in this country....

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am