WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (ArranGirl13, 2 invisible), 8,084 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Probably. Just let them thrash it out on their own. They'll probably end up killing each other, just one will remain. We can then kill him - job done happy

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Lmfao! laugh

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Guardian
Guardian
Originally Posted by bert1
I'll ask the question i always ask, what if you hang the wrong person?

mistaken identity is a terrible crime, this was probs why the deth penlty was removed in the first place, even with the dna system nothing can be clear cut

P
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
P
There can be no argument. Definitely the death sentence for text speak !!!

Maybe mixing my posts up here ?

Whatever..... Can I have Albert Pierrepoint's job please ?

F
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
Frog_Eyes
Unregistered
F
I have always said they should be made to go and fight in the wars that go on, send them out with a gps neck bomb on, ( bit like the running man)

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Just make life mean life and make the prisons tougher, like the bloke in Arpao County has done to his. Anyone who goes to the nick should not relish going back again, him or his folks.

Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I say bring back the death penalty.

I used to live in Saudi Arabia, and their punishments are really really harsh - but I tell you now, their crime rate is next to none!!

I say bring it back! If you don't do anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about do you.

[Linked Image]
Nikki Abbo! wink Life isnt a practise,you have to get it right first time! smile
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
Originally Posted by Spritey_Nikki

I say bring it back! If you don't do anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about do you.

I'll answer that with this;

Originally Posted by bert1
I'll ask the question i always ask, what if you hang the wrong person?

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Just one example

Timothy Evans in the United Kingdom, was tried and executed in 1950 for the murder of his baby daughter Geraldine. An official inquiry conducted 16 years later determined that it was Evans's fellow tenant, serial killer John Reginald Halliday Christie, who was responsible for the murder. Christie also admitted to the murder of Evans's wife as well as five other women and his own wife. Christie may have murderded other women, judging by evidence found in his possession at the time of his arrest, but it was never pursued by the police. Evans was pardoned posthumously following this, in 1966. The case prompted the abolition of capital punishment in the UK in 1965.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
StuyMac Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Things have moved on a bit since then Bert - if you have conclusive forensic evidence, and a confession it could be a different kettle of fish...

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
1950 is a far cry from the technology of today making it much easier to gain evidence.

There's much less margin for error and sometimes, it's obvious.

I'm in two minds. Since I don't plan on killing anyone, I don't care if other killers get a lethal injection.

Since I pay taxes, I'd rather not see them support a murderer in prison.

I wouldn't like to be killed if somehow someone managed to frame me or some weird evidence came to light or a mistake was made.

Cleverer people than us will debate this, and no doubt their opinions will be divided too.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Yes I agree 'Nobody' there is going to be much deliberation about this from people far more higher and important than ourselves.

And bert, yes it could be a big problem if someone was to be hanged in error. However, as it has been said, with how far science has come, it is going to be unlikely that someone is going to be given the death penalty if there is reasonable doubt they are innocent.

I mean look at all the people we have in this country - Ian Huntley, Milly Dowlers' murderer etc...surely you would prefer not to see people like that walk the streets after being in prison only half of their sentence. I'm sorry but I totally agree with the death penalty.

When I lived in Saudi, they let people watch the punishments. They would chop hands off for rape, they would behead for murder - but only if there was no reasonable doubt.

I'm sorry but no-body is going to change my mind, and I would seriously suggest people who are so 'human rights' have a think about it!

I mean come on...what if it was your family murdered???

[Linked Image]
Nikki Abbo! wink Life isnt a practise,you have to get it right first time! smile
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
What if one of the family was wrongly hung. I'm all for life meaning life and if need be make life hell for them, as i said earlier a wrongly convicted person can be compensated and we can try to make amends, can't bring someone back from the dead. The example i put up, (Evans) today's technology would not have helped him.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Well then it looks as though we agree to disagree.

I believe crime rate would go down if people who were murderers were facing the death penalty.

Our knife crime, drug crime and even alcohol related incidents is so high, I feel if the prisons were harsher, and there was the option of death penalty it would decrease.

I would like to know why on your caption you have 'This is no place for children' is that the world in general? or is that UK only?

No this country isn't a place for children, but why isn't it for you?

I say bring it back. If someone hurt a member of my family - the murderer would have a death sentence anyway - and not by the courts!!

[Linked Image]
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Nikki, I'm not sure you understand the concept of the British legal system; go to a Crown Court and watch a case (not on TV lol), the judge will spend anywhere from 45 minutes to days, providing a summary of the case and explaining to the jury how they are to reach their decision. If there is any doubt in the jurors mind over the guilt of the person, the juror must find that person not guilty, no matter how small that doubt. The British legal system is setup only to convict a person of a crime, where the jury is 100% certain that the person is guilty of that crime.

So going by this "reasonable doubt" attitude towards the death sentance, does not work in the British legal system. This is the problem I have with the death penalty... when I see people like Huntley and Brady etc, even lower level scumbags, I say hang the fecking lot of em lol... But I do worry that even today, there is an element of human error, and jurors still do not grasp the conceptg of if there is any doubt whatsoever, they must find the defendent not guilty, regardless of emotional or other feelings towards that defendent. There is still cases that have been highlighted over the years, whereby an incorrect verdict was delivered, and there still will be. I just worry that if you convict the wrong person, there is no going back.

On the other hand, I see the benefits of such a punishment (and I don't care what anyone says, prison should be first and foremost a place of punishment, before rehabillitation), and I would like to think it was in-place. It is a tricky one, but I think the better choice right now, would be to make prison a place where ... DONT want to end up, make it a living hell, give a prisoner the same level of basic human rights afforded to a PoW, cease giving them TV's, playstations etc, who cares if there is 4 to a cell, if they don't like it, they don't have to commit the crime!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am