Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (3 invisible), 12,786 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
You do have a point there Bandy.

Google Ads
Old Hand
Old Hand
I think the do gooders who with well meaning intend, dont want animals given away, should put ther efforts into something else. you need to keep things in perspective, if an animal is going to be made homeless for what ever reason, then a person who is offering a home should be thanked, and applauded not handed a bill of sale and a receipt. Ther are plenty of breeders out ther charging lots of money for animals, if somebody wants to pay, then im sure they would go ther. and as for shelters, yes they do a good job. They also charge about £100 for a dog and about £70 for a cat. I would rather spend that £100 and treats and a nice bed for the dog.

Animal rescue centres are overrun with stray and unwanted animals, you try getting your pet in ther if you can no longer look after it, most will say sorry dont have the room. then some people out of desperation just leave ther pets to stray.

I heard of a guy who took his dog to westkirby or hoylake and tied it to a fence and left it ther, cus he couldnt look after it, and the rspca wouldnt take it in.

So i say again do gooders. its more important that an animal gets offerd a home, and has a chance of a life, than it is to charge for a pet, and have home checks conducted .

I fully understand the thought that if somebody pays for a pet they are more likely to look after it. but im sure the good majority of pet loving folk out ther would not take on an animal with the intention of not looking after it.

I dont think ive ever been given a pet for free, but sometimes i think people have a right cheek charging for a pet thats not neuterd or spade not had any injections and needs worming and fleeing up to date, i would rather spend my money on the animal, than line the owners pocket . thats my humble opinion.

Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by sarahdavo
I think the do gooders who with well meaning intend, dont want animals given away, should put ther efforts into something else. you need to keep things in perspective, if an animal is going to be made homeless for what ever reason, then a person who is offering a home should be thanked, and applauded not handed a bill of sale and a receipt. Ther are plenty of breeders out ther charging lots of money for animals, if somebody wants to pay, then im sure they would go ther. and as for shelters, yes they do a good job. They also charge about £100 for a dog and about £70 for a cat. I would rather spend that £100 and treats and a nice bed for the dog.

Animal rescue centres are overrun with stray and unwanted animals, you try getting your pet in ther if you can no longer look after it, most will say sorry dont have the room. then some people out of desperation just leave ther pets to stray.

I heard of a guy who took his dog to westkirby or hoylake and tied it to a fence and left it ther, cus he couldnt look after it, and the rspca wouldnt take it in.

So i say again do gooders. its more important that an animal gets offerd a home, and has a chance of a life, than it is to charge for a pet, and have home checks conducted .

I fully understand the thought that if somebody pays for a pet they are more likely to look after it. but im sure the good majority of pet loving folk out ther would not take on an animal with the intention of not looking after it.

I dont think ive ever been given a pet for free, but sometimes i think people have a right cheek charging for a pet thats not neuterd or spade not had any injections and needs worming and fleeing up to date, i would rather spend my money on the animal, than line the owners pocket . thats my humble opinion.

How very uncharitable of you. laffin

All these places need the money so the bosses can buy new cars, and go off to foreign countries to check on the health and welfare of the animals in the sun!

In this time of austerity we should all do our bit to make sure the charities visible public face is kept as up to date as possible.

I think its atrocious charging for a new pet. Not all people have pets to harm or move them on for profit purposes. My mum and I have had four cats in the past and not one have we had to pay for one of them. Animals should not be bought like a piece of meat from the shop, if you didnt love animals you probably wouldnt buy one in the first place. We once got turned down from a cat rescue place because we lived in a council house, so you are not guaranteed with any rescue place. My best friend also has 2 cats and none she has paid for and we love are animals dearly. Me and my mum now only have 2 cats as the other has been missing since first moving to wirral 2 years ago August called Jelly in the wallasey area next to YMCA, a grey tabby short hair, white tummy and white socks. We miss her terribly. All our cats are microchipped so hope she is being well looked after. I will never pay for animals its not fair and not right, i agree with diggindeeper.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Silverback
Originally Posted by sarahdavo

I'm obviously a ''do gooder'' then.. :)I am a volunteer for UK-GSRescue, we are all volunteers here, the donations charged for each dog, goes towards... vet bills... for vaccs, neutering,flea treatment and wormers and emergency care. Kennel hire for dogs that come in that are in danger of further abuse, or too viscous to be put in a home situation straight away, they cost £7 per day per dog..

volunteers pay their own petrol to transport the dogs from one home to another/or go to do 'Home Checks'and dog assesments. all our fosteres pay to feed the dogs in their care..

It's a thankless job but hey ho!! we are just ''do-gooders'' that care about the dogs, our main goal is to see all the deperate dogs find the loving home they deserve, And that is our reward... If we didn't home check anyone we could be guilty of putting a dog in to a worse situation than it came from...
So if us ''dogooders'' put our efforts into something else, who will take care of the unwanted dogs you say the rspca wont take in???
and as for the Arse-pca...Don't get me started on those w****rs

How very uncharitable of you. laffin

All these places need the money so the bosses can buy new cars, and go off to foreign countries to check on the health and welfare of the animals in the sun!

In this time of austerity we should all do our bit to make sure the charities visible public face is kept as up to date as possible.

ARSE-PCA... profits £90 millon and counting..

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Tilly, I'm not sure if you are on the GSDR board of directors, but as the RSPCA is a charity, they don't make "profits" as the GSDR do, and certainly do not pay shareholder dividends etc, unlike GSDR will do, being a company.

According to Charity Insight, at their last annual returns, they posted a revenue of £129m, and expenditure of £119m - I think you are getting confused between revenue and profit. They held a capital of around 70m in 2008, so presumably the figure you are trying to use as propaganda is the capital held by the charity - I'm sure your friends over at GSDR will be able to advise as to why it is important for business and charity to hold capital, since their business appears to be making them lots of money, so they are obviously quite successful business people. How many directors are they employing now, 3 more taken on just this year?

I know you hate the RSPCA and everything it stands for, because it isnt the RSPCGSD and it helps all animals, not just GSD's, but look at it this way, at least the money that goes to the RSPCA isnt going to line the pockets of a profit-driven company.

wink

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I'm not with GSDR I'm with UKGSRescue
http://www.uk-gsr.co.uk/
and just because i volunteer for them doesn't mean I dont help in trying to rehome other dogs, cats and rabbits. you know nothing about me so don't asume anything...

The money that goes to the arsepca lines the pockets of the big wigs at HQ

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Tilly
I'm not with GSDR I'm with UKGSRescue
http://www.uk-gsr.co.uk/

Fair enough, but surprise surprise, that too is a company. You may be a volunteer, but there will be a few "big-wigs" involved in that, who are making a nice living out of it (though admittadly not on the same level as the big-wigs at the RSPCA lol).

wink

Here, here. Well said MattLFC case closed

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
GSDR do not pay dividends to individuals, the limited company and charity status are purely to maximise funding and reduce risk. They have no paid staff and expenses are only usually claimed/paid when an individual is excessively out of pocket.

The RSPCA is in exactly the same position as GSDR, they are also a limited company and have charity status.

I'll let Tilly give you the run down on UKGSRescue.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
this really annoys me! Iv just got a dog 'free to a good home' and have since got her spayed, wormed and flea treated, she has two hour long walks every day, gets all the food attention and love she deserves, she is part of our family and is extremely well looked after, just because people dont want to pay throu the teeth for a new pet doesnt mean they are going to be bad owners!!!!!! Chavs who are willing to pay £100's for 'designer dogs' prob dont have as much time and love for there pets as people like me who are big animal lovers! Rant over!! Lol

Beginner
Beginner
Most of my animals were rehomes & I love them dearly but we do get people coming in that have got an dog free that was taken on impulse & can't really afford vets bills etc when they come around. Even if it's a token amount paid it makes people think a bit before making that commitment & stops the dogs head being messed up when yet again it's passed on to another owner. If from a specific breed rescue, I feel they offer lots of support to the new owner with a view to taking the dog back if it's having trouble adjusting to the family & advice but that doesn't mean that some organisations don't profit from what they do. I have nothing good to say about the RSPCA, what they portray on TV is nothing like their real practices, but again, that's only my opinion, they get lots of donations, unlike the small local rescues who pick up the slack !!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Well said GinaDee123. I take my boy for walkies every morning & in grateful return, he takes me to the pub afterwards.

N
Nobody
Unregistered
Nobody
Unregistered
N
What a lovely little one he is too! Does he buy the pints?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Nobody
What a lovely little one he is too! Does he buy the pints?

Only when I give him his pocket money!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,553 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,845 Spotted!