WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,175 guests, and 438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#514281 6th May 2011 3:07pm
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
can anyone give me advise please.
me and my wife live and rent a house privately and are having problems with nuisance neighbours, two in fact who have children.

we first asked the children numerous times to stop making noise outside our house and in the end after about five times of asking they just stared at us like we were aliens.

i then approached one of the mothers and asked f they could ask them to stop making the noise outside our house and all she said was "you wait till the summer if you think its bad now"

not what i wanted to hear.

So i then contacted one of the landlords from one of the houses who belongs to REGENDA and they have told me they cannot do anything and its down to myself and my wife to contact our own landlord.

three days ago i got the police involved and waiting for them to visit the two properties and advise them at the weekend.

can anyone tell me if this s right and it is down to our own landlord to sort out?

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I guess it depends if what the childeren are doing could be described as being anti social?

Kids will be kids, and do make noise when they play. Unfortunatly, unless they are making the noise at unsocial times, or are causing damage, or trespassing then I think there may be nothing that can be done frown

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Originally Posted by StuyMac
I guess it depends if what the childeren are doing could be described as being anti social?

Kids will be kids, and do make noise when they play. Unfortunatly, unless they are making the noise at unsocial times, or are causing damage, or trespassing then I think there may be nothing that can be done frown

thanks for your reply.
the kids are a nightmare they have broken trees down and done a good job of it as there is not even a root left, they climb all over residents cars screaming outside peoples front door banging there bikes against the sides of peoples house as they know the people will come out.

The mother of one house just doesn't care and she as a girl who must be no more than 4 and she is out in the road in her pajamas at all hours of the day and night and even gone 12 at night. (the police were interested in this info and said social services would be interested)

we have a lot of flowers put in around our road and they kick the heads of them all, its just one thing after another.

all i can say is good luck i had a simular problem with one of my neughbours who i used to be good friends with we had a fall out and things went terribly wrong she was playing loud music all day from 7 in the morning to late at night i reported her to the housing and she recieved a letter nothink more it got so bad i went looking at private houses to move into i didnt want to move but felt i had no choice i had my car window smashed my son got jumped but because we could prove it was to do with her i couldnt do a thing in the end she did move away thank god but i know how you feel it was a nightmare for all of us but it could be a long haul for you kids will be kids an if they are only playing and being noisey what caan you realy do remember you was a child yourself once

Wise One
Wise One
They sound like utter .... Why do people think that they can just walk all over nice folk. Drives me nuts. Monk i really do eperthasie. I lived next door to alot of people like that. The police cant enforce anything. I lived next door to them for 10 years . totall ... i hope you get it sorted out. The only thing i can say is CCTV cameras to record the anti social behavior and submit it to the police.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by JohnLeatherFix
The only thing i can say is CCTV cameras to record the anti social behavior and submit it to the police.

Agreed, but make sure you comply with all the nancy regualtions regarding CCTV - especially if it overlooks more than just your land. It if doesnt comply, the footage will be useless and disregarded frown

Hope you can get it sorted.

Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by The_Monk
can anyone give me advise please.
me and my wife live and rent a house privately and are having problems with nuisance neighbours, two in fact who have children.

we first asked the children numerous times to stop making noise outside our house and in the end after about five times of asking they just stared at us like we were aliens.

i then approached one of the mothers and asked f they could ask them to stop making the noise outside our house and all she said was "you wait till the summer if you think its bad now"

not what i wanted to hear.

So i then contacted one of the landlords from one of the houses who belongs to REGENDA and they have told me they cannot do anything and its down to myself and my wife to contact our own landlord.

three days ago i got the police involved and waiting for them to visit the two properties and advise them at the weekend.

can anyone tell me if this s right and it is down to our own landlord to sort out?

Have a word with your landlord, ask him if he has another property in a more civilised (remembering that areas and neighbors are always changing) area, if he has'nt, just move.

You are going to be fighting a long battle to get anything done, society is degenerating, it can only get worse.

Think of your future sanity and just move.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Agreed, but make sure you comply with all the nancy regualtions regarding CCTV - especially if it overlooks more than just your land. It if doesnt comply, the footage will be useless and disregarded

I'd be interested on any Sources for that Stuy, other than for court approved evidence it has to be either analogue or digitally signatured. As far as I'm aware there aren't any specific regulations for a home security camera located on private land.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
If it points at, or covers someone elses property then you need to be careful you dont contravene the Human Rights Act 1998 with respect to privacy rights and the Data Protection Act.

Maybe I should have worded my post differently, and put a few "might's" in there - either way Id check it out first....

This may be useful site, as it talks specifically about nuisance neighbours smile

Here is an example I found on this site:

Mr. Smith at 11 Acacia Avenue has a CCTV system installed which monitors persons accessing his premises. It picks up any visitor as soon as they enter the gate and only captures their images whilst they are on his property.

(a) Mr. Smith is entitled to do this.

(b) He does not need to provide a notice saying that the person is entering a CCTV controlled area.

(c) He is not required to provide a copy of the footage he has captured to the Data Subject if they make a request. However, if that CCTV camera picks up images outside Mr. Smith's premises, such as the entrance to his neighbour's premises or persons walking down Acacia Avenue, then he has to consider the implications of the Data Protection Act.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
i do have cctv at my front door, not looking on anything else and i cctv warning sign in the window.

Forum Master
Forum Master
My solution to the kids..... lamethrower skull
The parents will be gutted tho...think of all the benefits they will lose!!!!

IF IT HAS A HOSE THEN IM YOUR MAN

BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY!
Newbeee
Newbeee
Wirral council have an anti social behaviour team, the info can be found here:

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/my-services/community-and-living/community-safety/anti-social-behaviour

You have reported it to the police which is good. Make sure you keep on top of them make sure they look into it.

Don't let it go keep at it like a dog with a bone. The landlord should also have an anti social behaviour policy. Make sure they know about it and ask what they are going to do about it.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
How old are the children in question?

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Originally Posted by davaw1
How old are the children in question?

youngest is no older than four and the oldest is 16.
when the police heard about the youngest being out so late and in pajamas all the time that is when they said social services need to be informed.

so i am presuming they are doing the reporting.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Your landlord will not be able to do anything as your tenancy agreement will be between you (and your family), and him only.
However, if your problem neighbours have a tenancy agreement with their landlord it is highly likely that they are breaking one or more terms of their agreement, which may be grounds for eviction.
Remember, a lot of landlords can't be bothered evicting tenants unless the trouble directly affects the landlord themself.
Especially if the rent is paid promptly!
It won't do any harm to have a word with your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Good luck wink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am