WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
6 members (2 invisible), 9,938 guests, and 416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
You just know that's gonna get edited out dude tease

-----
Google Ads
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Originally Posted by ex0__
You just know that's gonna get edited out dude tease

Yup, had to point it out though wink

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
sick

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Smartchild
Smartchild
Is that a waterpistol beneath him? Didn't stand much of a chance with that fire power.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
They weren't armed. Looking at the pictures that's 3 out of 4 of them were killed with side on headshots (executed, in other words).

-----
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
ha ha it is barry!

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
They weren't armed. Looking at the pictures that's 3 out of 4 of them were killed with side on headshots (executed, in other words).

Whereas all those people in the twin towers were well tooled up with computers, mobile phones and brief cases, which was just asking to be slotted eh??????

Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
B
Bonzo
Unregistered
Bonzo
Unregistered
B

I'm pretty sure the thousands of people they killed weren't all carrying guns.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Whereas all those people in the twin towers were well tooled up with computers, mobile phones and brief cases, which was just asking to be slotted eh??????

I'm pretty sure the thousands of people they killed weren't all carrying guns.

Defensive much? I never passed any judgement, I simply stated that the way they were killed suggests they were executed.

I do believe if they were unarmed they should have been taken prisoner and given fair trial, but that's just me. Silly me thinking justice is something the Americans should be promoting rather than revenge. thumbsdown

Edit: Also, pretty sure that none of the guys in these pictures personally killed thousands of people, btw.

Last edited by ex0__; 5th May 2011 11:57am.

-----
B
Bonzo
Unregistered
Bonzo
Unregistered
B
Originally Posted by ex0
Edit: Also, pretty sure that none of the guys in these pictures personally killed thousands of people, btw.

No but the person they were trying to protect is directly responsible for it, and if they want to protect something which is nothing short of evil then they're just as guilty.

Last edited by Bonzo; 5th May 2011 12:04pm.
#513684 5th May 2011 12:25pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Bonzo
nothing short of evil then they're just as guilty.

That's a very short sighted view. As I said earlier to someone, I don't think he was evil. People that kill for the sake of killing, for sport, serial murderers, those are evil people. So in that respect he's no more evil than George Bush. Both had ideals and beliefs, both took action on them.

It's worth remembering that in his eyes he absolutely believed he was doing what was right. In his eyes he was good and we were evil.

Check this link out, it's a fascinating look at Bin Laden from a guy that was intelligent enough to post without letting emotion cloud his judgement. He basically says the same thing I'm trying to say but much more eloquently.

A fellow human being, a member of our species, has been killed.

Osama was like any other person. He wasn’t evil. There is no such thing as evil.

Often members of our species carry out acts of violence that are detrimental to a societies welfare. Often such people have suffered greatly themselves from similar violence, or they have received a brain injury, or for ideological reasons they claim that what they have done is for the benefit of society.

We are a very closely related species and share a common human nature. Part of what makes us who we are is our unique life histories.

If you are from a modern developed country then you may find Osama’s behaviour appalling. However, if you had been kidnapped as a child and raised in Pakistan perhaps you would have fought with him.

Osama never claimed to fight for the sake of Terror. Born into a wealthy family and being one of about 52 children born to his father Osama grew up in an ultra religious country and was educated at radical Islamic institutions.

At 22 years of age he left behind the luxury that a wealthy life in Saudi offered in exchange for the discomforts of warfare in one of the world’s poorest countries against the Soviet army.

Known as modest, soft spoken, generous, charming and brave in battle; Osama claimed to believe, as he had been brought up to believe and educated by his society to believe, that there was only one true god and that Muhammed was his messenger. Osama claimed to believe that the worst possible crime was to deny this god, and that the only way to save oneself from an eternity of torture was to worship the one true god according to this god’s teachings delivered through Mohammed.

Osama didn’t claim to fight solely for the oppressed in Afghanistan, but also for the American people themselves, that they might be saved from hell.

Osama isn’t in hell, like a whole bunch of delusional people think. When you die your brain stops working, there is no ghost in the machine, there is no way that it will continue to function. If you had a bad accident and damaged part of your brain your behaviour may become very strange to your family and friends. That’s because you are no longer the same person and never will be again. There is no soul.

I wish everyone well. Sure, people can do some pretty messed up shit, but they are still complex and interesting creatures with their own pains, pleasures and dreams.

I wish Osama’s family well. Sounds like the US commandos killed Osama right in front of some of them. They will have to deal with the loss of a husband, a father, a brother.

I’m not against war or killing. Sometimes the best thing you can do is fight and kill. I think it is good that the Taliban is being fought for the sake of the welfare of the Afghani people. If Osama had been an active Taliban commander who it made sense to kill from a strategic viewpoint then I would think it were a good act to kill him.

But guess what?

The US has Martyred Osama.

Last edited by ex0__; 5th May 2011 12:27pm.

-----
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
WWII (in European terms) was inevitably lost, when the Germans/axis made the drastic mistake of fighting a war on two fronts with the launch of Barbarossa; had they been able to go that little bit further in 1941 and take Moscow, there would have been little the Americans could have done to help the allied plight in Europe, because the Red Army (the largest Army in the world at the time) would have been under German control, as would the economic power and natural resources of Russia.

Alternatively, if they hadnt have decided to breack their peace treaty with the Soviets, then they would have annihalated the British forces without the support of the Soviets/the need to divert significant numbers of units towards the eastern front.

Furthermore, had they Nazi regime not diverted so many resource and finance towards things like their "final solution", then they may well have been in a stronger position to fight the war on both fronts.

To suggest that the US were somehow single-handedly responsible for winning WWII, when the German advances against Britain and Russia were already, for the mostpart, in stalemate, by the time the US came in, is laughable. As per usual, the US waited until the war reached a point whereby the European nations were essentially knocking the shit out of each other, with no hope either side actually coming away as "winners", before they deemed it time to join in; indeed it took the Axis to declare ware on the US, as a part of their alliance with Japan, for the US to become interested in joing WW2 (probably a mistake on the Nazi part, given how stretched they were already with the impending failiure of Barbarossa). Let us not forget, that under Hitlers vision for the Nazi New Order, the evnetual aim was to take control of North America, and a British defeat to the Nazi's would have certainly made that possible; at the time, there was a significant Nazi movement building in the US, and given that Hitler considered half of the US poulation (rightly or wrongly) to be jewish, or inferior, there is little doubt he would have seen the US (in addition to being the world ecomonic power) as a prime post-war target. The US would have had to declare war on the axis sooner or later, to prevent being smashed to pieces later on anyway; funny how they shurked away from doing so.

They are cowards, not the brave soldiers of the US Army who risk their lives to protect their country, but the administration. In fact, they are not just cowards, but they like to play the role of bullies too. They like to bully their way around in weaker nations - the biggest threat to US domination right now is China, but would they fook stand-up to China, because China would have none of it; so instead they go after terrorist/militant groups, and nations who can't fight back such as Afgahnistan and Iraq. They also back the biggest terrorist state on earth, aka Israel, and encourage them to invade and go after nations who do not have the ability or capacity to fight back (invading the likes of Lebanon due to a Syrian-backed militant group, causing humanitarian problems in the Gaza Strip for many years). They try to bully arab nations, usually with the goal of grabbing some oil, and then wonder why there is a hatred at worst, suspicion at best, of the US within the Arab/Muslim world.

DD, im not sure if you are referring to the German Fleet, as in their navy, but Hitler himself knew that the war was going to be on the ground and in the air, and the Royal Navy was always going to be an unbeatable force; it was the main reason Doenitz was made President of the Third Reich (aside from the face Goring and Himmler had been suspended due to them trying to grab power, Hitler would never have made either President at that point, as he blamed the army and airforce for the downfall) to suceed Hitler after his suicide, because in his last will and testament, he stated that Doenitz could shoulder no blame for the German failiure in WW2, due to the fact that the German Navy had little affect on the outcome of the war. Indeed, Hitler considered that the Navy would become increasingly important, after the war was won, with the possibility of a further war between the Nazi New Order, and Japan, utilizing the British Navy to head his warforce against Japan, knowing the German Navy was far weaker, and not up to the task.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Silly me thinking justice is something the Americans should be promoting rather than revenge. thumbsdown
Also, pretty sure that none of the guys in these pictures personally killed thousands of people, btw.

Revenge will do for me every day of the week.
I wonder if you would be making that statement if you were Eugene Armstrong's wife after you'd just seen your husband slowly beheaded ?
What sort of trial did he get ?
Furthermore what sort of filth would film the slow agonising beheading of another human being and release that film to the world to promote their own political aims ?
Regarding the ... in the pictures I'm also pretty sure they never personally killed thousands.
I'm also pretty sure that Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein and all the rest never personally killed thousands.
They were only giving orders right ?
Just like Bin Laden.
Lets not forget the SS guards who ran the death camps for Hitler.They were only helping out, following orders.
Just the same as the filth shown dead in these pictures.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
So your entire argument is that the Americans, supposedly representing the civilised world, should aspire to be no better than the guys that beheaded Eugene Armstrong?

Is it worth me pointing out the literally dozens of different situations where American troops slaughtered Iraqi civilians and raped young girls before killing their entire families or does your analogy not stretch that far?

---

Nice post about WW2 btw Matt. Very informative.

-----
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
So your entire argument is that the Americans, supposedly representing the civilised world, should aspire to be no better than the guys that beheaded Eugene Armstrong?

Exactly, we in the west, cannot go around proclaiming to be a civilised and democratic society that shows compassion to our enemies and respects the Geneva convetion and IHL, and then carry out acts that our leaders publically condem when not carried out by themselves.

Regardless of who Bin Laden was/wasnt and what acts we stood accused of carrying out, if he were not armed, he should have been arrested and sent to trial.

There is a valid argument, in that not only have the US made him a martyr to other Arab/Muslin terrorists and militant groups by killing him, but they have also given him the easy way out, instead of making him face up to the terror he has (allegedly) caused to others.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,257 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,398 Spotted!