WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
16 members (3 invisible), 11,069 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
lincle 4
casper 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
MattLFC #466130 27th Jan 2011 12:39am
Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by MattLFC
There's been plenty of jobs over the past 15 years, the same people won't help themselves, they will forever want to sit at home, getting up at 14:00 just in time for Jeremy Kyle, after a heavy night on the weed/ale playing the Xbox etc, with of course the weekly inconvenience of visitng the dole office, every day for the rest of their lives... And the rest of us are just going to have to keep paying for it, till we die.

Labour did nothing about it, instead they made life more and more comfy for the scroungers than ever before, and then they walloped any hope of these people ever getting jobs, by promoting immigration and indeed made it easier than ever for immigrants with the abolition of the Primary Purpose rule a few months after they came to power in 97, and stupidly left an open-door for the Eastern-Europeans in 2004, when most other EU countries had locked down their boarders to citizens from the new EU expansion countries, which meant almost a million jobs went to Eastern European citizens instead of pushing the scroungers into them, and they finished off all hope of them ever getting job, by screwing the economy and not having saved a bean, during the boom years, for when the inevitable bust happened, but instead getting us into unsustainable amounts of public debt.

And now finally we have a coalition prepared to stand up for the hard working people for a change, and take on the scroungers, but unfortunately the timing is bad, and there is no longer jobs to put them into.

I hope to god im wrong, but I have a sneeky suspicion that the same scrounging folk who were long-term, permanent unemployed over the past 7 years, will still be long-term, permanent unemployed in 7 years time.

frown

agree with everything you have said.I know several peeps on benefit and ther life just revolves around, playing world of war craft on the computer, smoking weed, playing x box, or play station, getting pissed at the weekend. these type of people arnt intrested in getting a job, why should they, when ther lived are quite happy as they are, and in order to stay like this they manage to get sick notes of the doctor, for depression, or bad backs, when ther is nothing wrong with them > I actually only know 1 person who is legitematly out of work, and thats my uncle mike, who has gone for every consevable interview going, and has never been out of work in his ife, he was made redundant befor xmas. The whole system is an eyeopener for him. x

Google Ads
jimbob #466133 27th Jan 2011 12:46am
Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by jimbob
Go back to the 40s and 50s. Unmarried girl gets pregnant, removed from her family home and put in a home for unmarried mothers. Be it RC or CE, baby born, girl comes home without baby, baby put up for adoption. ITS SIMPLE {END OF STORY}

My mother had a child befor i was born , i only found this out a couple of years ago, and im 42 now. she was an unmarried mum, and had no means of looking after the child, he was born in july 1966, in liverpool, and was taken by a catholic adoption society that existed at the time, she kept him 6 weeks, and has never heard or seen him since. Im very sad to learn i have a brother out ther in the world somewer, and so far i have been unable to locate him, its like looking for a needle in a haystake. I dont know what his adopted name is, and because of confidentiality. i can,t find out any details.

If anybody knows of a man born in liverpool in 1966, who was adopted, please let me know.Its a long shot, but i thought if i put this on here, you just never know.and it fitted with the thread.

My mothers name was janice vick, and she called the boy rupert vick, and he was born in july 1966 in liverpool.he was adopted through a catholic or christian church adoption society at the time, and my mother thinks he went east.

thanks sarah x

Old Hand
Old Hand
As for 14 year old,s becoming pregnant, well its happend befor, and im sure this girl won,t be the last to become pregnant at that age. I don,t really know what to think about it, other than, the girl, will have a shock when she goes into labour, because it hurts, and then she will have a little dependant.Her teenage years have gone then really.
But i hope she gets plenty of support, and maybe she will be a good little mum. She wont get housed or benefits of the state at that age, so it will be down to her parents or partner to support her.

It sounds like the way she has been brought up, and the possible influences around her, havent shown her any other way of living. If its a deprived area, maybe thats all she knows.?

Maybe the state should suggest that all girls when they start there periods, could take the contraceptive pill, if they are in aggreeance, and with the parents concent, although im sure that would be highly contraversial.

sarah x

Last edited by sarahdavo; 27th Jan 2011 1:01am.
Forum Master
Forum Master
1 Cammel Lairds
2 British Leather Co
3 Champion Sparks
4 Cadburys
5 Sqibbs
6 Steelworks
7 Docks
8 Girlings
9 Vauxhalls (barely alive!)
10 abattoir (birkenhead)
11 brickworks

IF IT HAS A HOSE THEN IM YOUR MAN

BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY!
Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by jimbob
Go back to the 40s and 50s. Unmarried girl gets pregnant, removed from her family home and put in a home for unmarried mothers. Be it RC or CE, baby born, girl comes home without baby, baby put up for adoption. ITS SIMPLE {END OF STORY}

lets not go back to the dark days ffs.......

as endo and wench say a clip round the ear, did us no harm......

AND CONTRACEPTION IS FREE

sarahdavo you say that at 14, a young mum isnt entitled to benefits....am pretty sure the young mum will be entitled to tax credits, travel expenses and also whilst she is at school or college, the childcare will be payed for by the state...this could be up to £200 a week in childcare cost alone ....this is around £10k per year..a salary most woman dont earn...

every child is under the parental responsibility of an adult until they reach 18, this is part of the united nations conventions on the right of the child....why not make the parents of the teenagers responsible if something like this happens and the parents and the wicker dipper have to pay for the upkeep of the child...I can hear the scream of the parents now " why should I blah blah blah" well it is called parental responsibility......

be responsible for your own child and teach them some values, morals, ambition and principles and as well as feed, clothe and shelter them...educate their child on respect for their own body, themselves and other ppl....

i have 3 daughters and by the age of 14, i dragged their backsides down to the gp for the pill, even though they werent having sex at that time and my son when too embarrased to go for condoms he came to me and i went to the brook with him in tow, just to show him it wasnt a place where he would be taken the piss at... this was to ensure they had ambition and a right to their individual career choices being achieved, amongst other things...

they all did and they thank me for it now.....am not saying this is the way to go but each parent has to show some level of parental responsibility...

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.' Dr Seuss.
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
I can't accept that children under the age of consent plot and get pregnant because they see it as a means of forming some sort of life on benefits. Its not that this is something new, this is something that has happened since time began.
It is more out in the open, there doesn't seem to be the shame attached to it like the past, blaming the benefits system, like most things seems to be the easy way out, to some, most social problems stem from the fact we have a welfare system, that can not be correct. Any child under the age of consent is still under the responsibility of the parents and therefore i agree with Rocket that parents should accept full responsibility and consequences for whatever actions their child undertakes. Some would argue, by putting under age girls on the pill and encouraging young boys to wear condoms they are giving them the blue light to be promiscuous, is this braking the law of the land?, better than an unwanted pregnancy though. I still think for this problem to be solved someone somewhere is going to have to get pretty barbaric and none of us want that.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
bert1 #466177 27th Jan 2011 11:16am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by bert1
I can't accept that children under the age of consent plot and get pregnant because they see it as a means of forming some sort of life on benefits.

Im afraid, without wanting to come across horribly, that is simply due to your age and old-world beliefs Bert. And quite right too, but unfortunatly the world is no longer like that, times have moved on and attitudes have changed, for the worse.

Having lived around people, girls especially, under the age of consent within the last decade (im only 24), and having friends and cousins who have mates that are now experiencing the same things with their peers etc, I can assure you, that whilst the number is probably not as high as sometimes the media and people in general like to portray, there is disgustingly high percentage of girls (and in some cases, even lads) who see the best/easiest/only way to get through life is by having a child every few years (whenever the benefits system stipulates they must have them to remain eligable for full benefits), and there are plenty of girls who have these plans from before the age of consent. Within the past few months alone, I have heard of a girl whose sole aim in life was to have children and never work, and thats what she did - and yes its for the money, because the children are, imho and that of child protection, neglected (and have been reported). There is another girl I know, who has always maintained she wanted kids since before she was 16, to get the benefits on offer, so she never has to work nor worry about life financially, and she is now pregnant, with a boyfriend who has no intention of working, and looking forward to reaping the fruits of her labour!!

It's a sorry state of affairs Bert, but remember kids arnt playing with dolls past the age of 8 in general anymore, and by the age of 13, girls especially, want to be seen hanging around with girls much older than them, dating (and for want of a better word, shagging lol) lads as old as possible etc...

If one of their peers at the age of 16 or 17 has a kid, and gets lots of benefits (seeing the sacrifices that SHOULD be made when a person/family has a baby, should be enough to put anyone off, but these girls are not wise and usually not particuarly intelligent), a nice house etc, things that without the child, they would have to work hard for, and would not in a million years get a council house etc, then what sort of influence do you think that has on them, live a normal life and get nothing in return, just taxation through the roof as thanks for working hard and no way onto the council housing system, or a comfortable life, supported entirely by the state, whereby you never have to work, you get a house and all your bills paid for, which, given the age of the girls in question, do you think seems more appealing - and thats not forgetting that girls in generall, always want to have a baby, the idea is all very cute and cuddly etc...

Its an epidemic, ive seen it so often, on Facebook there is girls younger than 20 announcing how proud they are to be scrounging off the state, how they will never have to work and feel sorry for those sad fookers that do, ive seen one girl get pregnant one week, then within 6 months, her two sisters and the majority of her mates are all up the duff, and all under the age of 20, having done nothing with their lives and not done a days work, with no intention of ever doing a days work. There is a reason the BBC Panorama was in Birkenhead last week, and it wasnt solely because of Frank Field's welfare reforms.

And don't for one minute think these problems and attitudes are confined to just deprived area's, they affect middle-class area's as well, it is a growing problem that girls from "well-to-do", stable and secure backgrounds, are popping kids out as soon as they can, so they too can have a taste of benefit dependency. Sometimes, the best will of their families and even opposition by their families, does little or nothing to discourage them, because they are at the age whereby they will do what the media and even moreso, what their peers are all doing/saying is good.

Attitudes are totally wrong, there is a distinct lack of aspiration by the next generation, regardless of what opportunities are placed in front of them, and the only way to even begin curbing the problem, is to start making life VERY hard, and very unappealing for these girls (and lads), if they next generation of wouldbe "pregnant sluts" see their mates on their arses, struggling, not getting everything on a plate, having to wait in line for a council house like everyone else, with no advantages over the others in the queue, no more free childcare for those that dont work etc, then maybe, just maybe, the idea of getting pregnant as an easier alternative to working and earning an honest, decent living, could start to become unappealing, to the point of scary.

bert1 #466184 27th Jan 2011 11:40am
Forum Master
Forum Master
I can't accept that children under the age of consent plot and get pregnant because they see it as a means of forming some sort of life on benefits.

It is true, over half the girls I went to school with now have kids and all of them did it to save ever having to work!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash

It is true, over half the girls I went to school with now have kids and all of them did it to save ever having to work!

Lol, and you went to school with your mate Becky who was featured the Panorama programme didnt ye!! tease

And there was two other girls you saw on it from your year??

MattLFC #466197 27th Jan 2011 12:09pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Lol, and you went to school with your mate Becky who was featured the Panorama programme didnt ye!! tease

And there was two other girls you saw on it from your year??

omg She was not my mate! tease And no it was her and another girl (Louisa in case dad's reading this, haha) and yeah she was my best friend once, haha!

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
At the end of the day it is a matter of how close you are to the action, how you react to it and what that does to colour your perceptions of how to solve the problem. It aint easy but obviously education hasn't solved it because the kids get all the information they need about it at school and a lot do at home. I think it all boils down in a way to kids learning their responsibilities as well as their rights and also the fact that there are consequences to every action. There, I've got that off my chest.

Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Your quite right Matt i have got more years behind me than i have in front and i am a great believer in, one is never to old to learn. I also believe one can learn a lot from history, even when i was growing up, young girls got pregnant and before that when my parents and grandparents were growing up and so on and so on. I don't believe human nature has changed that much, so how do we tackle it, stopping benefits may stop a few, so what then, is it a case of forced contraception or forced abortions.
Remember when you do get around to having a family, hope for boys and remember the old saying, with a boy, you only have one cock to worry about, with girls you have thousands. wink

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,

Bertieone.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I guess the problem I really see, is a mixture of the benefits culture that does exist in this country at the moment, whereby people see the benefits system as a way to make a living, an alternative to working, and many young girls view having a child as the easiest way to exploit the welfare system and avoid ever having to work, and also the fact that other European countries such as The Netherlands, can get it right, and we seem simply unable to.

Something must be wrong in this country, because I know for a fact forced contraception and the like does not happen in other EU countries, some of which have the lowest rates of teenage pregnancy and the like, in the world.

#466293 27th Jan 2011 2:33pm
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
I have no idea how other countries go about avoiding under age pregnancies, even in this country there are regional differences and social differences in the figures, I don't believe there is a political party in this country who would be willing to take the food out of babes mouths, so to speak, The answer what ever it is has got to be before it reaches benefit level, if that answer is place full responsibility on parents, that would be fine, but all children will reach an age were parents are no longer responsible for their children, That then leads us back to taking the food from babes, also having to be taken in to consideration, who decides who and who isn't deserving.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,

Bertieone.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Report this morning that where morning after pills have been available there has been no decrease in youngsters pregnancies but there has been an increase in STD's. Happy were the days when all you had to worry about was mobile dandruff.

Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,514 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,794 Spotted!