Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (3 invisible), 8,619 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I don't know how many times I have to say this ....

IT HAS WORKED IN THE PAST!!!!

What I would actually like you or one of the other supporters to say is how exactly will this protest make me need to fill my tank up?. Exactly what logic is being applied here?. I suspect its a case of try and spread a few false rumours to try and cause panic.
I don't like the price of fuel either nor do I object to people protesting in what they believe in I just don't like they way its being executed using threats. Perhaps they need to sack Alpachino and get a new pr man.

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The objective is to reduce the price of petrol to the consumer.

I haven't noticed threats from Alpuchino, but I have seen a lot of needless abuse thrown in his direction.

If too much traffic converges on Stanlow there may be congestion which may cause a fuel supply problem.

I think Alpucino using a bit of gamesmanship/stratedy to increase the effectiveness of the protest and cause the petrol companies a bit of chaos in their supply planning.

Basically if loads of people fill up before the protest, then the amount of tanker movement will increase so any disruption will be magnified. There are other stretegical advantages ass well - but I wouldn't want to give too much away.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I'm not surprised mr pachinos getting threats, if there's a short supply of petrol due to his game playing (just to save 2 pence on fuel) people aren't gonna be happy. It will be more of an inconvenience.
Oh well, good luck on your quest Capone wink

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
just a quick quote

Shell spokesman Edward Brady said: “I wouldn’t like to speculate on the impact of another protest.

“The demonstrators are not protesting against Shell. They are making a point about fuel duty, which is a government matter.”

in the local paper

thankyou

Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I really don't understand the negativity against someone that is prepared to get of his chair and do something.

I also don't understand the reason for personal insults instead of respect.

agree with dd and others, the rudeness displayed to al is appalling....

well done al for doing something about this....

its about time ppl in this country did something about the greedy fat cats instead of being armchair whingers....

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.' Dr Seuss.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Filled up one of the cars today,£65! withthat

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Last year my van cost £55 max to fill from empty. This year it now costs my £70..... Thats A very hi increase of inflation. Here check out this vid, it'll explain whats goin on..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY&feature=player_embedded

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Forum Master
Forum Master
Mine costs £85 but that lasts a month.
I agree that the amount of duty paid on fuel takes the p**s but the county is in debt up to its eyeballs, the government can't afford to reduce the duty and if they did they would make it up elsewhere. On top of that the supplies of oil are diminishing and becoming harder thus more expensive to get out the ground. Demand for oil is rapidly increasing as country's like India and China develop which is driving up the price further. People need accept that the days of cheap fuel are over. If you don't like it, go and buy a Gwhizz. laugh

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
There is logic behind what you say Kev, if the government we to reduce the duty, the demand for fuel in the UK would increase, which would further increase the already high market price of oil.

The market price for Opec for instance, today, stands at a shade over $99 a barrel... the price in at the beginning of 2011 was $88 a barrel, and the price has been rising since July last year. As the world economy emerges from recession/downturn, the demand is only, for the mostpart, going to increase, and thus the price will follow it up.

More demand from the UK will inevitably have an adverse effect over the market price of oil. Every time the price goes up another penny at the pump, do you honestly think that it is just the government adding another penny? No, for every penny increase in the price of oil, it is usually the price of a barrel going up by a dollar or so.

The government take 58p per lite fuel duty + VAT. I paid 130.9 per litre yesterday for Esso's finest derv lol, so it works out at 50.13p per litre, when you consider oil prices are circa 6 weeks ahead of the retail price you pay at the pump, there is approx another 5p to be added to the cost by the end of next month, of which the government will generate a further 1p in VAT. Then the price of fuel, will actually almost be at parity with the price of duty.

Fuel duty brings in around £30billion per year for the government, with the added VAT generating a further £5 billion or so, at the 20% level. So if we scrap VAT on its own, thats the same level of "emergency" cuts (or efficiency savings lol) that so many people were up in arms about last May - and it would still be £1.10 per litre (and increasing)! If we halve the duty on fuel, then after taking into consideration less VAT income, thats £16billion or so the economy loses out on.

IThe price of duty would have to be halved to take the retail price back down to crica £1.00, which would be pushed up anyway by a rise in oil prices. Then the economy would be losing out on £16 billion, and the price would still eventually hit the levels we are at now, as global demand for oil, particuarly in the East, increases.

There is two problems with a reduction in duty... A. I want you to explain to me where the country is supposed to generate another £16billion in income, if it were that simple to wipe one tax out and generate the money elsewhere, then don't you think the government would be generating the income elsewhere anyway, given the shit we are in? And B. you need to realise the west no longer has control of the worlds oil supplies and/or its market price. The dominant player now is China, and the rest of Asia, if demand in India and China increases, which it will, then the price of oil will continue to soar, $2.00 a barrel is probably only 18 - 36 months away, maybe a few petitions to Opec and the like will help matters more than the government, considering how it is the Opec nations who cut the output of oil by a few million barrels a day whenever they feel the price has gone a bit too low, or Saudi Arabia want a bit more money to invest in national projects etc...

The fuel duty is high, but it generates a lot of income for the government, the loss of which, would inevitably lead to either further cuts in public services, or tax increases elsewhere to offset the loss. We will pay for it one way or another, there is no question about that. And the price of duty should no longer be a real concern, the real concern is the market price of oil, as this is the key factor in the rise of pump prices nowadays, the days when a significant or rapid rise at the pumps was usually a result of a duty increase are over, it will usually be as a result of either global demand or price-fixing by the oil-producing nations in future.

The truth of the matter is, oil is a fuel source that should have been replaced a long time ago, by a more renewable or at least man-makeable fuel (such as Biodisel or electric) so we can have control over own energy - as it is, we are too late, and we will simply all have to pay whats expected at the pump. If, for the rest of this parliament, the duty was frozen at todays level or even lowered to offset future rises in VAT income on fuel retail pricing, the price of fuel is still likely to increase to near the the £2.00 per litre level by the end of the current parliament.

So learn to deal with it, you can't afford the fuel, use ya legs, you can't afford the prices of goods in the shops, tough luck im afraid. As for an isolated protest at Stanlow suddenly causing problems for UK fuel supplies... don't make me laugh!! The protest is a joke, and the organiser seems a bit of a joker, or a dreamer at least, he/she reminds me of a child with a new toy, over-enthusiastic, but ultimately the novelty will wear off. The lack of organisation and scale means the "protest" mood will inevitably wear off, especially once the outcome amounts to nothing.

Why an isolated protest once a month? If you wanted to get noticed, a protest every day and night of the week would be far better... or is there simply not the support for it? Or maybe, you have not thought it through properly, or bothered to spend a few minutes organising it? Throwing up a group on Facebook does not amount to an "action group", and any credible protest should be thoroughly organised, with clear tactics, aims and objectives - and thus far, ive seen nothing to demonstrate the OP even has the intelligence to do this - no offence, thats simply how the OP comes across on the thread, like a dog with a bone, not much sense or credible argument being made, just rabbiting on and on about how big this protest is going to be and how we should all be prepared for fuel Armageddon... get a grip ffs!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
well said matt wink

hello,
i am with you lot all the way, but i have a point to make.
i have been living in california for the last 10 years, with twice yearly visits back here, and there is a real difference in petrol price over there.
when oil hit $145 a barrel, a gallon of unleaded went from $2.20 to $4.50 a us gallon, then when it went back down the fuel price followed. Both prices doubled and halved after. even if you take tax increases into account, it doesn't calculate over here.
of course the government has increased tax and vat, not helping, but it is the oil companies that are to blame for this whole mess. they don't reduce the price of fuel when the price of oil decreases.
the whole of europe has had a decrease in fuel price of over 4% as oil decreased in value since the new year, ours has increased, work it out, the tax increase makes it worse, but the oil companies are the enemy here now.
someone work it out, when oil was 145 dollars a barrel how much was a litre back in 2008? now oil is 100, how much is it now?
who is the money going to if it goes back to $145, i think you will find it is the oil companies, more than the tax man.
andy
ps tax should not go up and tax shouldn't have vat on it. don't punish drivers!

Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
ROUTE ....

LEAVE LORRY PARK HEAD TOWARDS M53 ON THE A5117, 2ND TURNOFF ON M53 ROUNDABOUT..
NEXT ROUNDABOUT 2ND TURNOFF(RIGHT)
TOWARDS CHESHIRE OAKS
CHESHIRE OAKS ROUNDABOUT TURN LEFT (1ST TURNING)
APPROACH ANOTHER ROUNDABOUT TURN RIGHT ( 2ND TURN OFF )
YOU ARE NOW ON STANNEY LANE ... DRIVE TOWARDS CROSSROADS LIGHTS (WHERE THE POLICE STATION WILL BE ON YOUR LEFT)
TURN RIGHT AT POLICE STATION HEADING TOWARDS TOWN CENTRE .. HEAD STRAIGHT ON OVER WESTMINSTER BRIDGE TOWARDS BOAT MUSUEM ROUNDABOUT
2ND TURN OFF ON ROUNDABOUT TOWARDS OIL SITES ROAD ...

itv bbc etc will be there

Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by alpacino9
ROUTE ....

itv bbc etc will be there

Will they shite.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Let the games begin eh? smirk
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
^^^^ nice 1

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
TheComputerLab
TheComputerLab
Wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am