The Wallasey Technical School was opened in 1889 and offered technical and manual instructions at senior level. After reorganisation, the school became the annexe to the new school built in Coronation Avenue. The Field Road School was used as the Commercial Department, offering bookkeeping, shorthand and typing to senior girls. When it was no longer required it was used by the Wirral College of Art.
Today flats occupy the site.