The youth club was in the old Parochial School Building. The school was built in 1852, however it soon became overcrowded and was replaced by a new school built next to St Mary's Church in 1869.
The old school building in Rake Lane remained in the ownership of St Mary's church and had various uses over the years. In the mid 1960s it was converted into a youth club, and later became the Cross Bar, a social centre for the young people of Upton.
The Cross Bar closed in 1979 due to complaints of noise and vandalism from local residents.
The building was sold by the church a few years ago and is now used for storage.