Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
11 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,977 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wench Offline OP
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
OP Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Just to let you all know that there is a new unmarked car on the prowl.

It's a rather nice dark blue (non metallic) BMW 535 Estate, Index PN10 LAA.

Very nice car but all the gadgets are a lot smaller so harder to spot - apart from the mahooosive strobe lights on the wing mirrors and the 2 wanging great aerials on the back. The fin on the top has ANPR built in and the info board folds down so that it's not visible unless in use. The front facing camera is a lot smaller than the usual block jobs too.

Happy driving people wink

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Google Ads
Wise One
Wise One
Personally, I have never agreed with unmaked cars! It is very cloak and dagger tactics!

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever ...
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
If you don't break the law, you have nothing to fear.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Wise One
Wise One
Originally Posted by bert1
If you don't break the law, you have nothing to fear.

I undertsand your point Bert1, But should they not show themselves? Why this cloak and dagger approach?

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever ...
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I see both sides, a marked car may stop someone doing something wrong, and preventing an incident, though an unmarked car can catch people doing what they do when they think no-one is watching.

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
I imagine its sole purpose is to catch law breakers as far as traffic offences are concerned, We all know that when there's a marked police car is on show there is a law abiding bubble right around it, when it disappears the loons return to bad driving, speeding etc. Knowing there's a unmarked car on the roads drivers may take more care of what their actually doing.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Addict
Addict
oh yer unmarked cars pulling young kids up that may be doing nothing but walking along minding there own buisness and thnen you get the sweeny copswith a bad attertude no wonder kids hate coppers i hate coppers that drlvre unmarked cars i myself wouldent stop for one if people dont do nothin leave them alone should be in marked cars or even better get them out on foot save fuel give them all cars and you wont see them give them a good pair of shoes and a route to keep to let the comunity cars do there work or the traffic cops to many coppers driving and not on the beat why call a bobby a beat bobby if there never on the beat
waste of money could of gone on sumit like a new ambulance to help thi sick

Last edited by Wench; 19th May 2010 2:01pm. Reason: no need for such a comment
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
TBH If you have done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about.

What if one of the kids had been hiding a knife which appears to be rife these days [Linked Image]

Problem is, some think its ok to be antisocial, and they get a chip on their shoulder about being stopped by the police. But like I said, if you have done nothing wrong, and are polite and respond without attitude, then you will get treated the same.

Ive been stopped plenty of times, and sure, it can be an inconvenience, though TBH its good to see they are doing these sort of checks etc

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
Forum Master
Forum Master
Good ol' 5 0... good to see they've got an estate to shove more of the scrotes in the boot.

Wench Offline OP
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
OP Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Originally Posted by scary
oh yer unmarked cars pulling young kids up that may be doing nothing but walking along minding there own buisness and thnen you get the sweeny copswith a bad attertude

It's a TRAFFIC car so unless you're doing something that warrants being stopped, it won't bother you. As for the attitude, you get what you give out. If you are polite and co-operative then you will be on your way in no time. Is it any wonder that some Police Officers have "bad attitudes" when they have to deal with people of the same mindset as yourself? no

no wonder kids hate coppers i hate coppers that drlvre unmarked cars i myself wouldent stop for one
Not all kids hate the Police. This reply has me thinking why you hate the Police think I'm sure you wouldn't hate them if you were in trouble and needed them!! If you have nothing to hide, then what is the problem with stopping? That WILL get you in trouble as it's a Criminal offence.

if people dont do nothin leave them alone should be in marked cars or even better get them out on foot save fuel give them all cars and you wont see them give them a good pair of shoes and a route to keep to let the comunity cars do there work or the traffic cops to many coppers driving and not on the beat why call a bobby a beat bobby if there never on the beat
They are still in marked cars. Once again, it is a Traffic car so they are doing their job. It is one car covering the whole of Liverpool and the Wirral. A Beat bobby is an old term but they do still have them. The problem is that the Government in their infinite wisdom have decided that it is more cost effective to replace the Beat bobbies with PCSO's who have limited powers. Do you think that most Police want to be stuck in the stations with tonnes of paperwork?? I'd say 99% of the Police I know (and it's a lot due to work) would much rather be out on the beat, but it's not always possible.

waste of money could of gone on sumit like a new ambulance to help thi sick
So the Police don't help people then?? Who do you think it is that on many occasions gives First Aid to victims of RTA's or assaults etc? Having seen first hand what the consequences are of crashes and assaults etc, they do a bloody good job until the Ambulance service get there. It wouldn't be a waste of money if it caught a drunk driver or someone speeding, with no licence or insurance that ploughed into you or one of your family or friends would it?? The Ambulance Service are allocated their own funds so it has nothing to do with the Police.

Forum Master
Forum Master
busted

Addict
Addict
omg come on if your driving along minding your own buissness and legal at night done nothin eligal and get pulled over by the skummy coppers who havent anything better to do after alwready checking you out before pulling you over to see why you are driving so carefull if you think thats ok get a frigin life get out more sell the frigin cop car get frigin boots and earn there pay by walking in the area thats needed not to buy a car and hide around corners waiting for people hou aint done jack shit if you dont agree with me well tuff get out of the cars do some work if there seen walking arround and around then they will lose a few pounds and get healthy at the same time without having to spend thousands of pounds on a car that isnt even got police down the side this realy pisses me off as you see ime not a real fan of the police give them a coppers uniform it goes to there head

Wench Offline OP
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
OP Offline
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
If you're perfectly legal then what's the issue?? You'll be on your way in minutes. Some people who are unfit to drive through drink or drugs do drive ultra carefully so as to not arouse suspicion - so by your reasoning, it's ok to leave them alone to carry on because they're driving "carefully". Random stop checks can also lead to people who don't have a licence being caught. Just because the vehicle shows as being insured etc does not mean that the driver is legit.

I'm guessing you don't understand the concept of "Traffic Police". It's a bit hard to be a Traffic Officer on foot raftl Also, if they sell the cars how do you propose they respond to emergencies as quick as possible? Magic?? Starship Enterprise Transporter??

The whole point of an unmarked vehicle is to catch those who are breaking the Law. A marked car, as previously stated by another member, makes 99% drive as they should but once it's gone, SOME go back to being muppets and think that the Law does not apply to them.

To say that every Police Officer that is given a uniform has it "go to their head" is a bit like saying everyone who wears a shell suit has an ASBO or everyone who can't spell or use punctuation is an idiot - it's just not true in every case is it?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
whats all the fuss about pulling young kids up when there walking along the streets. Its nothing NEW. In the 50s when us TEDS where walking along and there where more than 2 of us we where straight way looked on as a Gang and where always been pulled up. Its par for the course so stop the moaning about the police.

Ships that pass in the night, seldom seen and soon forgoten
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
By the way in the 50s the polce cars may well have been Unmarked due to they where all black as well as 90% of all other cars on the road and had a tiny sign in the back that said police

Ships that pass in the night, seldom seen and soon forgoten
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am