WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,886 guests, and 533 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
...regarding the petition we started I got some vid footage and pictures on my phone, it's horrible there.
..but good news is, Matt Hurst from wirral news/ Liverpool post/Echo, emailed me and said he would like to support us in the main aim for improvements to the pound yipee so watch this space
grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
there is just too many to post at the moment crazy
I will upload more later.

here's the petition link too incase you havent already signed it thumbsup Thank you

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/507/petition-to-help-improve-birkenhead-council-kennels

Google Ads
Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT EVERYONE thumbsup

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
just done radio interview concerning the pound

Forum Master
Forum Master
what radio station will the interview be on.

no1s gonna keep me from u
Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by summer01
just signed the petition this is upsetting .

thanks Summer

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
What station is the interview- and when?

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
it will be in the Echo tuesday or wednesday. for anyone thats interested.

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
What station is the interview- and when?

heart 97.1 tuesday

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
The conditions of the pound look fit for purpose to me, A holding unit for a stray, abandoned or lost dog whilst awaiting collection by the owner or rehoming. They are not designed to be a permanent home and IMHO any animal left here for a length of time should be put to sleep and put of its misery.

In reality this is the best that the council can offer with its current finances, how about we get rid of it completely and have no holding unit at all, and any animal brought into the pound is instantly euthanised.

Im an ex-zoo keeper and big animal lover but also a realist, this is not a place for the dogs to live, its a short term holding unit!

So the only thing I could see wrong here, would be how long animals are kept in these units before euthanasia, and this is a management issue rather than a conditions issue.

[Linked Image]
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Fully agree with Lee, its just like a human who splits with the missus and sleeps in his car for a night or two or on a mate couch etc till things are sorted out one way or another, neither conditions would be ideal on a permenant basis, but they suffice for the time being.

If people were that interested, including all these Yanks etc signing the petition who dont pay a penny in UK tax or are on the recieving end of constant cutbacks in council services, then they could donate a few rugs, bedding etc for only a few quid.

Some of the proposals do unfortunately cost a great amount of money (windows are not cheap, well the labour at least) - im sure the people who work at the unit do the best they can with what little resources they are given, and the conditions look and sound more than adequate for the purpose they are required.

In an ideal world the conditions would be lovely and comfy and light and warm, but then in an ideal world we would not have the problem in the first place... as it is we do not live in an ideal world and right now im sure the council have for more worries than installing some windows in a dog pound and have zero extra money to allocate to it - otherwise, contrary to how people like to see councillors, im pretty sure they all have emotions and feelings and are decent natured people and would want to make the pound as good as possible to ensure the dogs happiness and would divert spare cash to it to make it better.

Maybe we could look at getting some local companies and pet stores to donate things, its worth a try at least.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Tilly i signed the petition last week an got my family an friends to sign it, keep up the kind thoughtful work luv an take no notice of these so called animal lovers who are defending the pound! they are talking through their backsides and are complete Liars about being animal lovers, working in zoo's etc they just say those things to make you feel like you cant argue back and shoot them down in flames!! Your a real inspiration to us all and if everyone was like you then the world would be such a nicer place to live in without so many twisted Self centered Bigots in it!! XX

Newbeee
Newbeee
Originally Posted by Kevinx
Tilly i signed the petition last week an got my family an friends to sign it, keep up the kind thoughtful work luv an take no notice of these so called animal lovers who are defending the pound! they are talking through their backsides and are complete Liars about being animal lovers, working in zoo's etc they just say those things to make you feel like you cant argue back and shoot them down in flames!! Your a real inspiration to us all and if everyone was like you then the world would be such a nicer place to live in without so many twisted Self centered Bigots in it!! XX

Here Here!!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by MattLFC

Maybe we could look at getting some local companies and pet stores to donate things, its worth a try at least.

good idea matt! freecycle etc...

Last edited by RUDEBOX; 2nd May 2010 9:00pm.
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
People shouldn't be branded Liars just because the hold a different opinion.

Matty and Myself have been present on these forums since 2004 and the more established members and those who matter to me know my history and about my personal life, both of which you know nowhere near enough to call me a liar. Maybe when you have more than 2 posts your opinions and views may hold some more value with me (maybe).

I only mentioned my zoo background because its because of it I have an understanding of how things are suppose to work, but its not always run the way its suppose to. Whilst at college, part of my qualification required me to volunteer at North Clwyd Animal Rescue near Holywell, the holding units here were very similar to the dog pound and were deemed acceptable enough by the powers that be.

[Linked Image]
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Kevinx

Excuse me GSD Brigade's latest member, who the hell are you to question anyones personal motives or lifetime experiences, without any background information or having met that person? Waddi is extremely well known for his fondness of animal's within these forums and has been since the day I joined.

If you care so much, put you money where your mouth is and donate instead of taking a backseat, and expecting someone else to do the hard work and foot the bill; ive probably had more animals than you have had hot dinners (Parrot, tropical fish, coldwater fish bearded dragons, dogs, cats, African land snails, the list goes on... Mark, the forum admin, and many other forum members, can confirm all the animals ive had over the years - in fact, today I rescued two goldfish that had been abandoned by a family member (shame on them) - they may only be goldfish to most people, but to me they are every bit as special and precious as my cat for example) so for you to question the fact whether im an animal lover or not, is a pretty pathetic and useless comment and is based on nothing but your own narrow-mindedness.

No doubt you will be from the GSD-spam brigade that Tilly seems to have bought over from "that" site (hmmm, is that an unfounded assumption I have made there, merely co-incindence I feel), so jog on and whilst your on your way, visit www.barryboys.co.uk where you are sure to find plenty of like-minded internet warriors ready to spout shit without knowing any facts whilst your hiding behind your internet connection.

If you can't accept somebody having a different opinion to that of yourself, then you may also want to check out one of the many UK neo-Nazi parties as im sure they share the same conformist views.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am