Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,315
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (1 invisible), 10,148 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Newbeee
Newbeee
I'd love for these animals to be given a fantastic living environment but be realistic where would the funds come from? would you have them divert funds from other areas.. i Defend Waddi he did work in zoo's and he does love animals. these are meant to be stopgap living accomadation not forever. sadly they may be there a few months but would you rather they where killed straight away or given a chance for someone else to take them home and look after them

Google Ads
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by Tilly
so you think just kill them?

If a home can not be found for them within a set period of time, whether that be rehomed to a new family or in any of the many rescues and rehoming centres like the RSPCA or the Dogs trust, then yes. I know its not ideal, but neither is keeping them alive to live a sterile life in what was designed to be a temporary holding unit.

These dogs are living breathing animals. that know what fear and pain is but they don't hate they are not predjudice they are not racist they dont care what you look like how much money you have/have not. they ask nothing from you, but give friendship, love loyalty, devotion, they will protect you obey you listen to you and comfort you.

Hence why they should be put out of their misery if a suitable home can not be found.

UP YOURS

How Rude, I think you just lost any sort of credibility by resorting to abusive language clap

ps. I think Zoo's are the horrible places too. I dont like Animals kept in cages or enclosures for whatever reasons zoologists come up with.but thats My Opinion.

Thats you're opinion and you are entitled to it, Im not here to preach or judge, just to give my opinion.

[Linked Image]
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I am too scared of Tilly, she's got friends with big teeth wink

She knows Janet Sreet-Porter ?

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Waddi

How Rude, I think you just lost any sort of credibility by resorting to abusive language

thinking! think am I really bothered?

thought! snob Nope

Last edited by Tilly; 4th May 2010 9:33pm.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I'm not a long term poster, but i have to agree about the pound "it's fit for purpose" and i have to say i find all this petitioning an insult to the people who actually work there .
They do care a great deal, otherwise they wouldn't do the thankless job they do and leave themselves open to slating by small minded people who don't know any better .The pound is not about putting dogs down,corporation road have many avenues open to breed rescue services and try their utmost to place dogs that have been with them for some time with these rather than euthanize them,sometimes it works sometimes not, but they do the best they can .
Ok, dogs might not have the comforts of home, but they are clean fed and watered, have blankets or baskets and are kept dry and it has to be rememebered that it is a holding facility afterall, not a forever home.Although if you asked a memember of staff they'd tell you that everyone of them has at some time or another taken home a dog. Who care it the facilities aren't top of the range,theyre adequate for the job and they care and thats the top and bottom of it
Myself, like many on here im of the opinion that i would rather give my donations to the small corporation dog pound than the big business of the RSPCA. Maybe if more people gave to them rather than climbing on a soapbox and lambasting them the dogs would have the better quality of accomodation that your'e petitioning for so heavily

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Razzi
I'm not a long term poster, but i have to agree about the pound "it's fit for purpose" and i have to say i find all this petitioning an insult to the people who actually work there .
They do care a great deal, otherwise they wouldn't do the thankless job they do and leave themselves open to slating by small minded people who don't know any better .The pound is not about putting dogs down,corporation road have many avenues open to breed rescue services and try their utmost to place dogs that have been with them for some time with these rather than euthanize them,sometimes it works sometimes not, but they do the best they can .
Ok, dogs might not have the comforts of home, but they are clean fed and watered, have blankets or baskets and are kept dry and it has to be rememebered that it is a holding facility afterall, not a forever home.Although if you asked a memember of staff they'd tell you that everyone of them has at some time or another taken home a dog. Who care it the facilities aren't top of the range,theyre adequate for the job and they care and thats the top and bottom of it
Myself, like many on here im of the opinion that i would rather give my donations to the small corporation dog pound than the big business of the RSPCA. Maybe if more people gave to them rather than climbing on a soapbox and lambasting them the dogs would have the better quality of accomodation that your'e petitioning for so heavily

first of all Hi Razzi.
secondly where has anyone said the staff dont care? if you read every single petition signature everyone has said they DO care and I was the first to say they do the best they can with the resources they have.
thirdly the staff at the pound are more than happy for this to go ahead they have been wanting better living conditions for the dogs and better working conditions for themselves for a long time.
so getting on my high 'doggie soap box' is just as beneficial to them grin

Last edited by Tilly; 7th May 2010 2:42pm.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Tilly.
Sorry but the statements made by kevin and endorsed by GSD do nothing to help your cause. Calling anyone who defends the living conditions of the pound self centered bigots is laughable.Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even them but ...

There labelling people as liars,and not animal lovers because they have they're own point of view and don't agree with you is damaging your cause and turning people away from what is basically a good thing. Rather than "crying havok and letting leash the dogs of war" i'd muzzle the pair of them as they are confusing the issue at hand

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Razzi
Hi Tilly. turning people away from what is basically a good thing.

I agree there is no need for name calling.

so you now agree it's a good thing confused

P
PaulWirral
Unregistered
PaulWirral
Unregistered
P
If you seem to recall Tilly last year the Wirral Council were planning to close Libraries and Swimming Pools because of the financisl deficient that they are facing. The question is therefore - how are the improvements you speak of going to be paid for?

I have an idea. On the 23rd May there is the Wirral Coastal Walk. You don't have long but why not get off your arse and join us? Raise money for the improvements you want to see. I am doing the walk and raising money for the RSPCA in Wallasey.

Hope to see you on the walk.

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
If you seem to recall Tilly last year the Wirral Council were planning to close Libraries and Swimming Pools because of the financisl deficient that they are facing. The question is therefore - how are the improvements you speak of going to be paid for?

I have an idea. On the 23rd May there is the Wirral Coastal Walk. You don't have long but why not get off your arse and join us? Raise money for the improvements you want to see. I am doing the walk and raising money for the RSPCA in Wallasey.

Hope to see you on the walk.

you have no Idea what I do for charity's like Dogs Trust do you? you have no idea what I already do for the dog pound either.
if your walk is going to raise money for the local cross lane rspca, then good on you as long as you make sure it goes to them and not the rspca HQ other wise they wont see a penny of it.Anyway glad to hear you are getting off your arse Ive heard you need to grin

back to the dog pound
there has been paper petitions also distributed with over 2,000 signatures so far. offers of support from builders, building merchants, architects and volunteers.

P
PaulWirral
Unregistered
PaulWirral
Unregistered
P

If I had known that the Dog Pound required financial support I would of "walked" for them. Monies raised for the Cross Lane RSPCA is spent on blankets etc. I know that because that's what I buy with the sponsorship!! You can raise money for more then one cause.

.Anyway glad to hear you are getting off your arse Ive heard you need to grin

It's just my Winter fat and it kept me warm!!

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
from what I can gather if they are given a money donation it has to go to the council and not the pound same as the adoption fees.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Any money donated directly goes to the lord mayors fund. I wanted to donate when I got my pup and was told not to give money ,but to pop some food , blankets or toys in next time I was passing. So if you walk for the pound, raise your money , ask them what they need then go and buy it and donate that way!!!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
omg OMG no

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Newbeee
Newbeee
When you've all stopped arguing... I've got some blankets, towels etc to give away. Can someone tell me where to take them?
Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,235 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,327 Spotted!