WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
14 members (3 invisible), 12,567 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
As if ITV would take any notice of complaints (this is the company that robs, in broad daylight, millions of pounds off its viewers remember). You would be better off using the Ofcom complaint process at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/progs/specific/?itemid=286480

As it was broadcast on ITV, they have full responsibility to investigate all complaints recieved.

smile

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Noticed that on the (brief) aerial shots that the dogs appeared passive + just sniffed!!

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Have you made a formal complaint to the television company?

yep and to Ofcom.
I heard a few have written to the r***a charity too
raftl raftl raftl
when will people learn noonoo

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
What would the penalty be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wrote to ITV yesterday with this letter;

I am writing to you as I have seen this clip of your new show "The Door" and I am absolutely horrified. http://www.itv.com/lifestyle/thismorning/showbiz/christarrant/

The reason I am horrified is that in my opinion the dogs shown here are being abused. In that I mean that they are being deliberately caged and wound up by having celebs scurry past them with meat smeared all over them, scaring them and working them into a frenzy, for cheap viewing thrills. That to me is abuse of an animal, allowing them to be used in this way.

The UK has had a lot of press recently regarding dangerous dogs and I think your programme does nothing to assist the publics fears. In fact I would go so far as to say it heightens peoples fears. It advertises German Shepherds as a breed to be scared of meaning more unlawful people will purchase them for the purposes the Dangerous Dogs Act is trying to outlaw. It puts out a message that you are correct to be afraid of them, as you obviously believe they should be feared or you wouldn't have used them in a programme where you are trying to scare celebrities into doing certain challenges. I think you have been very irresponsible in making this programme, both with your treatment of the dogs and with the message you are conveying by using them in this way.

If this programme is aired I will be writing and complaining to Ofcom and I will do everything in my power via all social networking sites possible to ensure hundreds of others follow suit and join me in complaining.

I thought ITV would have learnt its lesson following the fine you received over the rat incident on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here less than 6 months ago, clearly not.

Regards

and I also wrote to the newspapers with this;

Hi

I have forwarded you an email I have just sent to ITV regarding their new TV show "The Door" and was wondering if you would like to pick up the story?

German Shepherd Forum sites are awash with fury over this programme, relating to the treatment of the dogs, the use of the dogs, the message being sent out by using the dogs and the fact Chris Tarrant refers to them as "rancid".

If you read the link posted to the This Morning clip you will see there are several angry posts.

Can you assist please and report on the outcry? Some believe it is a violation of Section 4 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006 also.

Regards

and it seems they did pick it up as this appeared today in the Mirror http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/04/03/dogs-stunt-row-over-itv-show-115875-22158814/

Whether you are a dog lover or not is irrelevant here. Point is the message they conveyed by using the dogs in this way was a bad one. I for one, have written to Ofcom to formally complain about this and if anyone else would like to feel free using this link http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/progs/specific/?itemid=414131

Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
Best form of complaint is not watching the TV at all. They won't listen to any form of written/verbal complaint unless they receive a load.

"C20 LET bang"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Violet
They won't listen to any form of written/verbal complaint unless they receive a load.

Hency why people are trying to encourage others to write to them. They appear to have received quite a lot do far so there should be an investigation. Its easy to think something is wrong, moan about it but do nothing to prevent it happening again or getting the people responsible to admit they were wrong and apologise. It takes 2 minutes to fill out the Ofcom form and I believe it will make a difference.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I am disgusted. I have got a GSD and it is bad enough trying to explain to people that he is friendly and well behaved without stupid programmes like this one. It is absolutely pointles. The dogs are caged and cannot get to the celebrities anyway they are made to bark for "effect" and to give a sense of danger.

I will be writing to complain about the morons who dreamed up this challange and the damage they are doing to responsible GSD owners. If anyone thinks this tripe is entertainment, you want your head examining.

See you in cyberspace!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks Capt_America. I also am a GSD owner. The more complaints Ofcom receive the beter. That should wipe the smile off Chris Tarrants smarmy face

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i also was horified to see the dogs in cages ....it really upset me and i sent itv an email.....but i doubt they will reply

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Why not join us guys?

Wise One
Wise One
How can Anonymous keep posting as it says Unregistered ???

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
This is a TV show, its make believe, it is not real, the dogs were unharmed, its all acting, the dogs are trained animals acting and probably enjoying themselves, right now their probably at home lying in front of the fire doing a bit of knitting. It will do no harm to the GSD breed or any other breed because most of the viewing population will understand its just a show, not reality.
Are we now going to call for police dogs, barking, growling and frothing at the mouth at the end of a lead, while on crowd control to be banned because it might give the wrong impression of a breed.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wrote to ITV yesterday with this letter;

I am writing to you as I have seen this clip of your new show "The Door" and I am absolutely horrified. http://www.itv.com/lifestyle/thismorning/showbiz/christarrant/

The reason I am horrified is that in my opinion the dogs shown here are being abused. In that I mean that they are being deliberately caged and wound up by having celebs scurry past them with meat smeared all over them, scaring them and working them into a frenzy, for cheap viewing thrills. That to me is abuse of an animal, allowing them to be used in this way.

The UK has had a lot of press recently regarding dangerous dogs and I think your programme does nothing to assist the publics fears. In fact I would go so far as to say it heightens peoples fears. It advertises German Shepherds as a breed to be scared of meaning more unlawful people will purchase them for the purposes the Dangerous Dogs Act is trying to outlaw. It puts out a message that you are correct to be afraid of them, as you obviously believe they should be feared or you wouldn't have used them in a programme where you are trying to scare celebrities into doing certain challenges. I think you have been very irresponsible in making this programme, both with your treatment of the dogs and with the message you are conveying by using them in this way.

If this programme is aired I will be writing and complaining to Ofcom and I will do everything in my power via all social networking sites possible to ensure hundreds of others follow suit and join me in complaining.

I thought ITV would have learnt its lesson following the fine you received over the rat incident on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here less than 6 months ago, clearly not.

Regards

and I also wrote to the newspapers with this;

Hi

I have forwarded you an email I have just sent to ITV regarding their new TV show "The Door" and was wondering if you would like to pick up the story?

German Shepherd Forum sites are awash with fury over this programme, relating to the treatment of the dogs, the use of the dogs, the message being sent out by using the dogs and the fact Chris Tarrant refers to them as "rancid".

If you read the link posted to the This Morning clip you will see there are several angry posts.

Can you assist please and report on the outcry? Some believe it is a violation of Section 4 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006 also.

Regards

and it seems they did pick it up as this appeared today in the Mirror http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/04/03/dogs-stunt-row-over-itv-show-115875-22158814/

Whether you are a dog lover or not is irrelevant here. Point is the message they conveyed by using the dogs in this way was a bad one. I for one, have written to Ofcom to formally complain about this and if anyone else would like to feel free using this link http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/progs/specific/?itemid=414131

thumbsup great letter...

much better than the one I sent but all input is better than no input IMO.
Our breed tolerates enough crap without this sort of nonsence being allowed to go on.

you should show yourself Anonymous and register properly yes we could do with more people like you here pray

Wise One
Wise One
Well said Bert, I mentioned police dogs earlier and as you say they are trained it is part of their job. It would not surprise me if the dogs used were in fact ex police dogs or police dogs that never made the grade.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,537 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,826 Spotted!