the old 'Pool Inn' was a quaint two storey building with high gables. It was probably built at the end of the 17th century, facing what would become the Penny- Bridge. The face of sandstone bricks was lime washed. On the opposite side was the wallasey pin- fold, where lost animals were placed waiting to be collected by their owners. The wal around the pin fold was semi- circular and was one of the oldest in the town.
The old inn was demolished in 1900. The present Pub
is not quite on the same site.