Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
11 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,969 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#375748 22nd Dec 2009 11:54pm
MattLFC Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Almost confirmed...

Originally Posted by BBC Sport
Seven-times Formula 1 world champion Michael Schumacher will come out of retirement to race for Mercedes next year, BBC Sport understands.

The German, who will be 41 on 3 January, has signed a contract and the deal will be announced imminently. Schumacher will partner compatriot Nico Rosberg in the team that won the drivers' and constructors' titles in 2009 in its former guise as Brawn.

His spokeswoman Sabine Kehm said she could not make any comment.

The German newspaper Bild is reporting that Schumacher signed a one-year deal and it is likely he will have the option to continue beyond 2010 if his returns goes well.

Schumacher will reportedly earn £6.2m after signing up to reunite with Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn, who masterminded all seven of his titles, the first two with Benetton in 1994-5 and the subsequent five with Ferrari from 2000-4.

BBC Sport Report

yipee

Google Ads
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
Why?
He retired gracefully, on top of his game.
Hes been out of it too long, in a car that hasnt been built around him, with a field of drivers he has mostly never raced against.

Unfortunately for him, I sense the day of reckoning is coming. He is going to be outdriven and outclassed by Hamilton and Vettel, and hopefully the title will fall down between those 2

Stupid idea, I hope he doesnt get too embarrassed frown

[Linked Image]

------------------------------------------------------------
Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
Didn't he announce this a few months ago and then pull out? Is he doing some sort of hokey-cokey? think

AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
He was going to replace Massa after he had his incident, but couldnt as he was still siffering from a Neck Injury he'd received in a bike race wink

[Linked Image]

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Its interesting to see he is no longer tied in with Ferrari think

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Time to get owned by lewis and jenson

drifting drifting and yet more skidding
MattLFC Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
I dont get why you lot hate the idea of him being back... Lauda came back at the age of 46... and went on to win another world title a few seasons later!!

As for Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton... please don't take the piss! Both drivers are good, and I have been a massive fan of Jenson since he started in F1... but comparing them in the same league as Schumacher, just shows a total lack of intelligence and respect. I was never a fan of Schumey, because I always liked Willams (when they were powered by Renault in the 90's) Renault and McLaren, and he always kicked thier asses lol - but he is, and always will be the greatest Formula 1 driver to have lived. He had absolutely attribute top notch, and could win races even when he had a terrible car underneath him. Jenson is consistent, but nowhere near the quality of Schumey, as for Hamilton, he proved how bad a drive he is last season - he had the best car for the last 8 races, plus Kers was working correctly on his car and the others had all ceased using it pretty much, and he still couldnt get near Button, whose car seriously fell off the pace after the first 6 races.

The ONLY driver out there today who can be compared to Michael for overall ability is Alonso, and put him in the wet against Schumey, and Michael would make a mockery of him.

Schumacher isnt likely to get the world title next season, not least because the team he is at, is not in a position, imho, to challenge for it (they got lucky this season because Jenson stayed consistent, whilst the likes of Alonso and Hamilton just epically failed, and Vettel was not quite good enough)... but I bet you he does better than Hamilton did this season.

If Button or Hamilton win the title, it will simply be because they have the best car, if they dont have the best car, they wont even come close.

Schumey and Brawn re-united, is an absolutely mouth-watering proposition, and can only do some good to the severely tarnished Formula 1 reputation. If he stays on for the full 3 years of his contract (and I can't really see him being another Mansell), I won't be surprised if in the second or third season, he is making a mockery of the best drivers out there, and is challenging for the title (providing the car isnt Toro Rosso-pace lol).

Personally, I hope it rains the entire next season, and Schumacher shows all these so called "good" drivers, just what the difference between them and the GREAT drivers such as himself, Prost, Senna, Fangio etc, is.

AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
Lack of Intelligence and Respect eh?

Ive been watching Motorsport for enough time dude to realise that when someone comes in, and is robbed of winning the championship in HIS FIRST SEASON, that he is something to watch out for. He won the championship in his second season of F1, and frankly, it should have been his second whole championship. I saw him racing at Oulton Park when he was younger, as I did with Bruno senna (In his first races EVER in the uk btw) and you could see how good a driver they both were.

Schumacher is good, dont get me wrong. But hes of the old breed. His benchmark was set a long time ago, and that frankly has been beaten. He WILL be surpassed by Hamilton and Vettel, because they are frankly quicker than him now. He wont be at the back of the grid, and I hope hes at the front, but I seriously discount him for a world championship.

Its like comparing Sebastien Loeb to Tommi Makkinen. Makkinen won a good number of world championships, but Loeb being younger and of the new breed (new driving techniques) surpassed them all easily. The only diff between hamilton and Loeb, is that Lewis is a likeable down to earth chap. raftl

End of the day, Alonso and Schumacher only won championships when Lewis WASNT racing. Fair enough thats an age thing, but this year, Schumacher and Alonso will be shown to be past it.

And in 2011, the championship will be Sennas laugh
Ive predicted the past 4 years of F1 very well, hopefully itll go my way again wink

P.S. Button is SHITE, has always been SHITE, and will always be SHITE!
The fact he is in a Mclaren shows how much a mockery the sport has become. He will be the biggest loser this year. I predict possibly 5th, with Vettel taking number 2 wink

[Linked Image]

MattLFC Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by MGCraig
P.S. Button is SHITE, has always been SHITE, and will always be SHITE!
The fact he is in a Mclaren shows how much a mockery the sport has become. He will be the biggest loser this year.

Craig, you starting to see the light yet... 1x world championship last season, and 2 wins out of 4 so far this season aint bad for someone who is SHITE, has always been SHITE, and always will be SHITE.

tease

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Id love to know what you are all on about but Ive ot watched one single F1 race this year, as the whole F1 thing is now SHITE grin

MattLFC Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Id love to know what you are all on about but Ive ot watched one single F1 race this year, as the whole F1 thing is now SHITE grin

Strange how you can make that assumption Chewy, when you have never watched a single race this year... what id your sig used to say, assumption is the mother of all fook ups lol.

As it was, both the qualifying and the race in China was one of the best ive seen in a while, certainly this season. Got to love mother earth!

tease tease

MattLFC #402576 18th Apr 2010 10:11am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Its not an assumption, its knowledge based on last year which is where I lost interest.

Ive also heard people talk about races this year, and how boring they have been think

If China was the first 1/2 decent race, I guess one out of 3 isnt bad when you compare it with last year raftl

StuyMac #402581 18th Apr 2010 10:28am
MattLFC Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
I agree its not as exciting as some other forms of motosport (personally I like WRC more though that is becoming slightly stale as well nowadays), sometimes it can be really boring, but firstly, it passes a boring Sunday morning/afternoon (wikiwalk permitting of course haha) and on the occasion it is really exciting, it can make for some really excellent, edge-of-your-seat viewing.

I think most sports are the same, look at football for instance, most teams play pretty boring matches week-in, week-out, but its still worth watching, and on the odd occasion you will see an absolute 10/10 thriller.

I also watch it because I like to follow/support certain drivers and teams. And this season is one of the most open seasons in recent memory, despite RBR seeming to have the edge over everyone, they are not overly performing on the track, and both the constructors and drivers championships look like they could be taken by quite a number of drivers/teams, and the likes of Force India etc are exceeding expectations and doing themselves terribly proud, which is nice to see as usually its just about the top 2 teams.

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am