Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,899 guests, and 667 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DavidB Offline OP
Wiki Guide
OP Offline
Wiki Guide
http://www.reuters.com/article/oddl...eedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews

WARSAW (Reuters) - Poland on Friday approved a law making chemical castration mandatory for pedophiles in some cases, sparking criticism from human rights groups.

Under the law, sponsored by Poland's center-right government, pedophiles convicted of raping children under the age of 15 years or a close relative would have to undergo chemical therapy on their release from prison.

"The purpose of this action is to improve the mental health of the convict, to lower his libido and thereby to reduce the risk of another crime being committed by the same person," the government said in a statement.

Prime Minister Donald Tusk said late last year he wanted obligatory castration for pedophiles, whom he branded 'degenerates'. Tusk said he did not believe "one can use the term 'human' for such individuals, such creatures."

"Therefore I don't think protection of human rights should refer to these kind of events," Tusk also said.

His remarks drew criticism from human rights groups but he never retracted them.

"Introducing any mandatory treatment raises doubts as such a requirement is never reasonable and life can always produce cases that lawmakers could never have even dreamt of," said Piotr Kladoczny from the Helsinki Foundation of Human Rights.

"If somebody is of sound mind, we punish him. If he is sick, we try to cure him -- that's how it works in Polish law. This bill introduces both approaches. As far as I know, this makes our law the strictest in Europe on this issue," Kladoczny said.

The bill, which also increases prison sentences for rape and incest, must still be approved by the upper chamber of parliament. This is seen as a formality as Tusk's Civic Platform party holds a majority of its 100 seats.

"C20 LET bang"
Google Ads
DavidB Offline OP
Wiki Guide
OP Offline
Wiki Guide
I'm not of the opinion that paedophiles are everywhere, and we need 12 ft walls around schools and playgrounds, but this should apply to to most sexual crimes. fook human rights.

"C20 LET bang"
Smartchild
Smartchild
im with ya on this. think chemical is to kind for em. should cut them off with a rusty blade!!!

DavidB Offline OP
Wiki Guide
OP Offline
Wiki Guide
Or a child's rattle.

"C20 LET bang"
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The only thing is that you gotta catch+ convict the paedo first. How many victims will there be bèfore this happens? Will it make the paedo more in a rush to physically harm a child as opposed to innapropiate internet activity, say, knowing once caught that they will be castrated.
Will this work on women paedos?
Im not in the human rights gang btw. Im just remembering the argument against this. Louix theroux programe i think?
Personally, i think a hammer to the genitals everx ten minutes for life would be more appropiate.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
But surely, the deterrent is much stronger than the usual "4 month suspended sentence" crap and the like we hand out over here in the UK.

If thieves were threatened with having their hand's or fingers chopped off when they were convicted of burglary, no matter how big or small, then house burglary rates would nosedive overnight.

Im a firm believer that a stronger justice system, would lead to better crime prevention. As it is right now, there is zero deterrent, many prisoners would rather be in jail, and commit crimes to go there, im not saying every criminal likes the idea of prison, but let's face it, they are treated like saints when one considers how prison should be.

Make sentences fit the crime, and more consistent, make life mean life, and most importantly, make prison a place of hell on earth, with the only chance for prisoners to get some time out of their cell's by doing hard work for the benefit of the country, and watch the prisoners numbers dwindle within a decade.

As far as im concerned, prisoners give up their human rights when they commit crimes, and only regain them when they take responsibility for their actions, show genuine remorse, have served their time and paid their debt to society, and have chosen a correct path in life, what fookin rights did their victims have!!

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Longer and harder prison sentences, I'm all for that, We all know that chopping hands and fingers off and other parts of the anatomy is not going to happen. The fact that it still goes on in other countries and it has to be repeated is proof in it self that it is not a deterrent. The very fact we have hung thousands in this country over the years is proof it doesn't deter murder being carried out. My opinion is paedophiles should be locked up for life and not see the light of day again, i am no expert on chemical castration and i understand it may take some urges away and may well debilitate certain actions but i can't believe it can remove their involvement 100%. Right now i think its a perversion that has to be removed from society but let me throw this in to the mix, what happens if research proves it is something certain people are born with like Downs syndrome or autism or homosexuality, were do we go then.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The crimes go on in other countries, hence the continued need for castration/amputation etc, but not at the rate they do in this country. A criminal in this country see's zero deterrent, if they are caught, they will simply live a comfortable life, well fed, entertained and with folk who they share a common goal with, all at the cost of £28,000 per year on average to us hard working and honest, decent folk.

Someone on the "outside" loses their job and in turn, their house, even if they have kids, the government want to do as little as possible to help them get out of their predicament, and get a safe, warm and secure home to live in, with regular meals etc. Meanwhile, prisoners get all this, and more, all as a show of gratitude from HM Government and us taxpayers for committing crimes.

They will commit the crime, because even on the rare occasion they end up with a custodial sentence, it is not a punishment, it is a temporary, short-term (in a lot of cases, zero) loss of general freedom. If they think they are going to have their hands cut off, then I guarantee you, even the most hardened of criminals will think twice before attempting to rob that house there.

And if they are so drugged up/stupid/determined to steal their way through life instead of earning a decent, law-abiding living like the rest of us, then chopping off their hands can only be a good thing - it means they won't be able to do it. Remove the ability to commit crime, and you are onto a winner lol.

smile

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
This country will never bring castration or amputation in to force as a punishment, and rightly so, they will never bring back hanging and rightly so. In my opinion these are irreversible punishments and were do we go when someone is proven innocent after the guilty verdict and punishment is carried out. I am all for longer and harder prison sentences, at least we can compensate the wrongly imprisoned if need be. As far as the cost goes for keeping prisons going that's the price a civilised society has to pay, i am all for making prisoners earn their keep, one way or another.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
hang the dirty Grrrs thats what i say

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
couple of house bricks would do the job and could be repeated twice a day if necessary ,or the wife said she would sort them with the choppin board gulp!

DavidB Offline OP
Wiki Guide
OP Offline
Wiki Guide
State clearly, if you commit a sexual crime with a child, you will be castrated. As simple as that!

"C20 LET bang"
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Its about time someone started doing a bit more than "oh thats norty but our jails are full.. so off you go!" barstard should be put down in all honesty.. and i agree with Matty (for once tease ) Other countrys if you get caught stealing your hands are lobbed off.. should be the same everywhere.. sodding human rights, cant stand the nobs

Thing about lies is... you will finally get caught out, remember that smile
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I guess the fundamental problem we have with things like castration and amputation in this country, is the fact that under this Labour government, they would then be classed as disabled, and that would mean they become automatically entitled to a very comfortable and prosporous way of life, without having to lift any fingers they had left to attain it, and again, at the expense of the taxpayer.

But that's another topic altogether lol.

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
good point though matt.

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am