Man bitten by adder three times A 31-year-old man has been airlifted to hospital after being bitten three times by an adder - Britain's only venomous snake.
Swansea Coastguard said he was at Caswell Bay beach in Gower at the time of the incident on this afternoon (Sunday).
His condition is not yet known but coastguards said he had been vomiting.
The Mumbles coastguard rescue team, RNLI beach lifeguards from Caswell Bay and the RAF rescue helicopter from Chivenor, Devon have been at the scene.
The man will be taken to Morriston Hospital in Swansea for treatment.
Adders are frequently seen on the west Wales coast where the sandy soils, coastal heath and the nature of the landscape suits them.
Although venomous they are very timid and quickly disappear if disturbed. They are not said to be aggressive. THE BBC