Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,791 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Liscard’s Royal Oak to face Wirral licensing bosses

A PUB where a woman was stabbed in the eye in may 2007 with a stiletto heel could lose its licence.

Police have compiled a dossier of violent incidents recorded over 12 months at Liscard’s Royal Oak pub, including large scale fights and a man left needing 41 stitches after being glassed.

The managers of the pub are due to appear before licensing chiefs at a special meeting of Wirral’s licensing committee.

At the forefront of the dossier is an attack in May last year in which a woman was left needing treatment when a woman she was arguing with attacked her with the heel of her shoe.

Police on the evening told controllers the stiletto had been “shoved” in the victim’s eye, and they began a search of the area. They eventually arrested a woman in her mid 20s on suspicion of assault.

Officers called to violence at the pub in November recorded in their logs that “doormen were unable to cope” when a fight involving 15 men broke out, with one glassing injury leaving a young man with cuts to his face and neck and needing 41 stitches.

The committee has the power to revoke licences of problem pubs, but this sanction is rarely used.

The management of the pub was unavailable for comment.

Following a visit from police, designated premises supervisor Thomas Jones wrote to police early this year.

In the letter he described taking over in May 2007 and introducing live music, adding: “The sudden success of the Oak is attracting customers from other areas as well as Liscard, namely Seacombe, Leasowe, Moreton and Birkenhead – this has good and adverse consequences.

“It has made things difficult for the door security to police effectively.

“Local troublemakers are easier to identify and refuse entry, the security team has done a big job on singling them out and keeping them out.”

He added that the majority of customers were well behaved, that CCTV signs were prominent and that he had kept in contact with police, appreciating their advice.

The committee will meet at 10am, July 2, at Wallasey Town Hall.

THE WIRRAL NEWS

Last edited by _jase_; 5th Jul 2009 12:52pm.
Google Ads
P
PaulWirral
Unregistered
PaulWirral
Unregistered
P
I stopped drinking at the Oak some years ago. It started to attract all the nutters!

It'll be a shame if the pub was ever closed.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
"The committee has the power to revoke licences of problem pubs, but this sanction is rarely used"

That is the whole reason the premises are licenced, if there are problems, the licence should be suspended or revoked ... it is very simple and effective. Since the committee choses not to use its power means we have problem pubs producing problem customers.

The committee need looking at!

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Beginner
Beginner
"Problem pubs producing problem customers"
There are a lot of problem customers in this country today. Im not sure how pubs produce them though !, the incident reported didnt happen at the Royal oak , it was a problem that happened in the area that has been inaccuratelly reported by a liverpool newspaper as being at the Royal Oak , " the victim tells in her statement that she doesnt know what she was hit with ,"
The whole story does not have any substance whatsoever , the licensees are in the process of legal action againt the originater of this article, the whole article was cut/ spliced/ and sensationalised by an over zealous reporter .
The newspapers have through history been responsible for publishing articles that have caused some terrible things to happen to innocent people / suicides/ and lost businessess/.
I would suggest that you "DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ IN THE PAPERS" as the old saying goes.
The licensees of the OAK are at this time planning legal action against the reporter in this case

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
hmmmmmmmmm i take it your the landlord tom or know him.???? think the rest of the violent incidents was from the oak and i believe last night landlord & landlady went of with the mouth to locals and the landlord got a beating.thats what i was told dont know if true. so that tells me that the oak is a Problem. well more so the pepole running it smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Problem customers are usually p*ss*d off their heads from alcohol bought from the licenced premises, in contravention of the licence.

Just because you are permitted to sell alcohol doesn't mean that you are allowed to sell to people who have already had tooooooooo much.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Beginner
Beginner
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I take it that you have swapped from one stance to another now that you have recieved no joy from the the fact that the incidents and many like them are false and didnt happen in the Oak but in the surounding area . what will the next objection be ,
""""" i believe last night landlord & landlady went of with the mouth to locals and the landlord got a beating. so that tells me that the oak is a Problem. well more so the pepole running it"""

I would love to know where you are getting your information from as you seem to be will informed with silly gossip from silly people , dealing with gossip instead of dealing with facts.

I didnt name myself on this forum as I believed just to answer The rediculous reporting in the newspaper was enough, but you seem to have wished to attempt to disclose my identity .

you should not post entries on a forum and start topics off if you are not prepared to listen to facts and not fiction.

But I should have known better than to get into debate with Persons who hide behind a computors
Thannx for your Thoughts though , it was enlightening !! LOL .

Addict
Addict
It's all very well blaming the Pub Landlords for the problems caused in drinking establishments.... but it's not just pubs that are a problem. Society itself (or certainly some elements of it) seem to have a binge drinking culture.. People simply dont know when to stop.
What amazes me is that people drink... they can become over emotional, even violent... they get in to trouble, fight, argue etc and rather than learn a lesson they go straight back out there and do the same thing all over again! Every Friday and Saturday night is a misery for myself and some of the residents who live nearby when the local yob culture get boozed up and want to half kill each other, not all of these Muppets go to the pub to get tanked, in fact most of them go to one of the 6 off licenses within the 1/2 mile radius of where we live to buy their booze... in point of fact the licensing committee received petitions from local residents to prevent the 6th one going ahead and STILL granted it...

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
I take it that you have swapped from one stance to another now that you have recieved no joy from the the fact that the incidents and many like them are false and didnt happen in the Oak but in the surounding area .

now come on who are you trying to kid i know you know and most of the wirral know that a lot of incidents is from that pub, we all know that thats what the bouncers are for to kick out the trouble before the old bill get there. (make it look as if its not from that pub) wink i live right by the oak and have seen most of it with me own eyes. but hey!! i can,t blame anyone trying to protected there business.... and blame it on the surounding areas no

you should not post entries on a forum and start topics off if you are not prepared to listen to facts and not fiction.

am always more than happy to listen to facts..

But I should have known better than to get into debate with Persons who hide behind a computors
Thannx for your Thoughts though , it was enlightening !! LOL .

will call in When your open sometime Neighbour would,nt want you thinking am someone that hides behind me computor. thumbsup

even so you know of me wink

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Originally Posted by Handbag
It's all very well blaming the Pub Landlords for the problems caused in drinking establishments.... but it's not just pubs that are a problem. Society itself (or certainly some elements of it) seem to have a binge drinking culture.. People simply dont know when to stop.
What amazes me is that people drink... they can become over emotional, even violent... they get in to trouble, fight, argue etc and rather than learn a lesson they go straight back out there and do the same thing all over again! Every Friday and Saturday night is a misery for myself and some of the residents who live nearby when the local yob culture get boozed up and want to half kill each other, not all of these Muppets go to the pub to get tanked, in fact most of them go to one of the 6 off licenses within the 1/2 mile radius of where we live to buy their booze... in point of fact the licensing committee received petitions from local residents to prevent the 6th one going ahead and STILL granted it...

most of the Landlords are to blame for most of it, there the ones selling more drink to someone thats violent or wasted.

Beginner
Beginner
Thanks for your views ,
There is no arguement that there is a serious problem with persons who behave like idiots when they use alcohol, The trouble seems to be in my opinion , that its hard to tell these days who is drunk and who is not , when persons are going out and mixing alcohol with speed and cocaine etc they dont tend to fall over like the traditional drunk they can behave totally to all intents and purposes like someone who is sober the only tell tale signs are that they can explode into sudden rages and violence . The royal Oak is not your every day pub, its a live music venue 7 nights aweek, probably the only one in wirral.

If it was easy to keep these people out and identify them do you think that landlords would ever put there licenses in jeapordy. by allowing them in , what is the answer.!
Shut all pubs down that have got criminals going into them who think nothing of kicking off for no reason at all,
Surely the pubs are victims of crime too, the royal oak cannot do anymore than what it does to prevent crime / they have a state of the art CCTV system/ doormen on every night/ warning signs evrywhere warning of prosecution for drugs or from violence , please , i invite anyones ideas if there are any more measures that could resolve problems in liscard , let me know , the oak employ probably 100 persons would we like to see those persons out of work.

Dont punish landlords , punish the troublemakers , get them off the streets so normal civilians can have a great night out in peace

Beginner
Beginner
"always happy to listen " ay , but do you ever take note and believe , or even want to see something that you may have been ignorent to,
As for popping in to see me neighbor , that would be really nice ,but I did intend popping in to see you tomorrow, to perhaps save you the journey, look forward to our meeting ,lol ,
"""even so you know of me""" "of course I know you ", you have your business and name on your profile Mr Sibley.

I believe in community spirit , which means that when a sole trader and business is under attack , everybody helps out ,
we dont rush to make cheap skate attacks before we know the truth.

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Originally Posted by Tommy
Thanks for your views ,
There is no arguement that there is a serious problem with persons who behave like idiots when they use alcohol, The trouble seems to be in my opinion , that its hard to tell these days who is drunk and who is not , when persons are going out and mixing alcohol with speed and cocaine etc they dont tend to fall over like the traditional drunk they can behave totally to all intents and purposes like someone who is sober the only tell tale signs are that they can explode into sudden rages and violence . The royal Oak is not your every day pub, its a live music venue 7 nights aweek, probably the only one in wirral.

If it was easy to keep these people out and identify them do you think that landlords would ever put there licenses in jeapordy. by allowing them in , what is the answer.!
Shut all pubs down that have got criminals going into them who think nothing of kicking off for no reason at all,
Surely the pubs are victims of crime too, the royal oak cannot do anymore than what it does to prevent crime / they have a state of the art CCTV system/ doormen on every night/ warning signs evrywhere warning of prosecution for drugs or from violence , please , i invite anyones ideas if there are any more measures that could resolve problems in liscard , let me know , the oak employ probably 100 persons would we like to see those persons out of work.

Dont punish landlords , punish the troublemakers , get them off the streets so normal civilians can have a great night out in peace

i think the live music 7 nights aweek is bringing most of the troublemakers in. i do hope it stays open and all the shit can get sorted out. would not like to see another pub on the wirral shut down.

anyway tommy welcome to wiki. sorry we never got of on the right foot, but thats life we all have are own views on things in life. if we did,nt the world would be crap happy

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Originally Posted by Tommy
"always happy to listen " ay , but do you ever take note and believe , or even want to see something that you may have been ignorent to,
As for popping in to see me neighbor , that would be really nice ,but I did intend popping in to see you tomorrow, to perhaps save you the journey, look forward to our meeting ,lol ,
"""even so you know of me""" "of course I know you ", you have your business and name on your profile Mr Sibley.

I believe in community spirit , which means that when a sole trader and business is under attack , everybody helps out ,
we dont rush to make cheap skate attacks before we know the truth.

you have mail smirk

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am