Jackson's Family Could Do UK Tribute Show

The show that Michael Jackson was going to stage in London could now be turned into a tribute gig featuring his family, his tour promoter has said

[Linked Image]
Speaking exclusively to Sky News, Randy Phillips denied Jackson was suffering from stage fright, saying he was very excited about the concerts at the O2 Arena.

Mr Phillips, president of AEG Live, told Kay Burley the show was going to be "beyond anything".

He added: "At some point the world needs to see this production and I would imagine it could be done as a tribute with the family, with the brothers performing, some sisters, and the stars that were influenced by him."

He went on: "It would have been, which is the tragedy here, one of the most amazing shows ever, so at some point we want the world to see that.

"We are discussing with the family so the sooner, the better."

The suggestion that the show could be turned into a tribute gig featuring his family was welcomed by the O2 Arena.

The London Docklands venue's chief executive David Campbell told Sky's Jeff Randall Live it would have no trouble hosting the event, even at short notice.

"It was less than three months that we put together Led Zeppelin and a one-off tribute from Led Zeppelin so that can happen in a short period of time," he said.

Jackson was due to perform 50 dates at the O2 Arena, starting next week and ending in March next year.

AEG is offering fans a refund or a souvenir ticket instead.

But some people are not happy and have begun a petition against the decision.

The so-called King of Pop died in hospital in Los Angeles last Thursday after suffering a suspected cardiac arrest.

Describing rehearsals the day before he died, Mr Phillips said: "He was so amazing in the final week.

"He gave me a hug and said 'now I know I can do this'. He was that engaged and that incredible."

Mr Phillips also said Jackson had personally requested Dr Conrad Murray as his personal physician in the months before his death.

Dr Murray is considered a prime witness in the investigation and provided detectives with details of the singer's medication.

SKY NEWS