WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (2 invisible), 10,017 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Shame really innit joe, used to be so much more, and not just the car aspect, the social sides gone aswell.

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Google Ads
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
Not through want of trying though tbh... And its not gonna stop. Just needs people actually paying attention to the kick up the arse we're trying to give them....stop arguing...and get on with it.

If there was none of this shitty competition going on... we could have one of the best cruise scenes around atm.... not that anyone out on a tuesday/thursday are real cruisers anymore...

I have noticed though that there seems to be some mad street racing going on near me on a farm road. If I can hear it from where I am... id hate to be in the houses next to it. Must investigate some point hmmmm..

[Linked Image]

------------------------------------------------------------
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
If there was none of this shitty competition going on... we could have one of the best cruise scenes around atm.... not that anyone out on a tuesday/thursday are real cruisers anymore...

I have noticed though that there seems to be some mad street racing going on near me on a farm road. If I can hear it from where I am... id hate to be in the houses next to it. Must investigate some point hmmmm..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the whole point of the Cruise "scene" was to bring together like minded people - "car enthusiasts" if you will. A chance to "show off" the cars to the people who attend, to compare all the hard work gone into them and share the love and passion for cars think If that is the case, then I think the majority of people who turn up on a Tues/Thurs are "car enthusiasts".

It's like most things - the minority spoil it for the majority. The "boy racers" of the Cruise scene have made it so that everyone gets tarred with the same brush, hence the Police tend to come down on Cruises/Meets. They are the ones that have ruined Cruises, not the Police and not the genuine Cruisers.

As for the Street Racers - I think they should come down hard on them. If you want to "test" your driving, do it in a safe and controlled environment - not on public roads where innocent people can get killed or injured! Yes I know spectators get injured, some even killed, but they have made an informed choice to be there and are aware of the risks, as are the Marshals etc.

Maybe it is time that the genuine Cruisers made a stand against the knobs that have dragged it down to such a chavvy level and given it such a bad press. What is stopping people from approaching the Police and liaising with them to make Cruising safe and friendly again think

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
I say "Real Cruisers" as Im sure about 6-7 years ago we didnt stand around the rock retail park... Letting kids run riot around the place. You will get nobs who turn up in corsas etc and think they can outdrive anyone, becase they have half a rollcage and becuse theyve cut the springs. That cant be stopped. But to have them razzing round a small confined car park...is that really a place for kids?

Most of the people who turn up to Tues/Thurs nights, in my opinion.. are merely friends of one another. The 2 main groups of people (the sites etc) seem to be in the minority. Theyve no interest in anyone elses cars, just their own and their friends. Theyve no interest in supporting their local scene, because they have work in the morning. Theyve no interest in representing this area at shows etc, as they have lives, jobs, kids, mortgages etc. This is the problem... the "Cruisers" of the past have grown up and moved on. Look at Max Power. That used to be about OTT cars on the front cover... with some local ones chucked in for good measure... and endless pictures of young girls aspiring to be models etc. It may have seemed trampy, but it was what they wanted. About 3-4 years ago, they revamped the magazine to make it more "Professional" performance based etc etc.. The numbers had already dropped anyway, and I dont think the change helped matters either.

All this has added to cruising's downfall unfortunately. Everyone has grown up and lost interest in cruising/modified cars.. and theres not nearly enough young people coming in to replace it all.

Theres also the people who, like me, even still young, have lost interest in modifying their cars, and simply want something standard, yet that is still a good looking car. I turn up to meets etc as I like the people and the atmosphere. Everyone at these meets is a friend.. but thats not enough for some people unfortunately. I also dont see myself as a real cruiser to be honest happy

Give it time, cruising and modifiying will come back into fashion, but its been drained dry atm and people are generally bored. Its like with farming...you use one field for a few years.. then leave it to regin nutrition, ready to be used again in the future.

Originally Posted by Wench
What is stopping people from approaching the Police and liaising with them to make Cruising safe and friendly again think

Cruising used to be a fairly dangerous/illegal past time to begin with. Its only really recently people hve started using their head and realising that razzing a small shitty car round the place doesnt make them "Cool" smile

Wow... thats a "Matty" length post right there raftl raftl

[Linked Image]

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
You will get nobs who turn up in corsas etc

OY -stop slagging off Corsas.

At the rock there were usually more corsas there than any other model of car - the corsa people were supporting the cruises and yet your complaining about lack of attendance?????

I used to modify cars - there is only one car I have seen at any of the meets that I would call modified. As you say, it has moved on to performance based bolt-on modifications.

What you are failing to see - is that the overkeen young whippersnapper in the oil-guzzling clapped out corsa screaming around at 6499rpm and 12 mph is your next generation of cruise people. It is up to the old-timers to nurture these kids and not reject them. It is the same in any club or society - it is up to the members to "train" and support the next team players. If you remember back - weren't you made up the first time you drove a car with a leaky exhaust - sounded great, didn't you floor it all the time to make it sound "better". We all started off as kids, then matured, the fall into the trap of "can't be ars*d". Give the kids a chance, enjoy watching them, they are a laugh, but most of all ... encourage them.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Cruising as we used to know, is still alive and well in Blackburn. I have been told that the Hereford, Bristol and WSM cruises are still going mega-strong, and may pop along to check one out next month.

It's just on the Wirral that it's dead. Look at the turnouts you get at the street racing for instance, no racing goes on of course due to the plod presence, but there are hundreds of modified cars that turnout sometimes!!

smile

Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
Perish the thought that ppl would meet up to see friends and have work in the morning!! FFS!!!!

AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
I know which group of Corsas you mean matey.. and they're some of the ones Im pointing the finger at the most. They tend to stick together..away from everyone else in their own little clicke...and its things like that which spoil cruising. Especially when they sit there revving their little 1.0s trying to make flames come out..anti-social behaviour/car asbos and all that Jazz.

We want them to come and join a site such as this... but unfortunately they think they can do it better. Ive managed to get a young lad with a modified corsa to join on Facebook..but hes too young atm to join the main site... he is the same age as my younger brother, who are the very next generation..just passing their tests etc. Only difference is, my bro wont be razzing round in a clapped out Corsa trying to impress people... hell be doing it in my ol Micra instead laugh laugh

Nah, but seriously. He hopefully wont be driving like a nob.. as Ive told him not to on numerous occassions. I never did it.. so why should we allow this current lot to do it?

[Linked Image]

Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
Stop worrying about the baby bazzas. Let them join BHC - they need the numbers don't they? raftl

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I guess it depends how you define a "cruise"

Years ago, before any of you young whipper snappers came to the scene, and in the days when the Corsa has just been released and everyone used to hang round on the prom, it was all about hanging out with mates - always has been, always will be. The only things everyone had in common was the interest in cars and that they wanted to be out with their mates.

IMO its never been about modified cars, that was just a part of it, its about being out with your friends.

To use a metaphore, maybe the cars on a car park are like the beers in a pub. Its just part of the social experience....

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Snooze
Stop worrying about the baby bazzas. Let them join BHC - they need the numbers don't they? raftl

And you wonder why the scene is dying with comments like that? If everyone stoped bitching and just got on with things and stopped making it a game of "you own this car, go on that site" "you dont drive very good, go on that site" - it's pathetic.

Thing about lies is... you will finally get caught out, remember that smile
Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
Right!!! That's it! I'm off to join the Micra club somad

raftl

There are people starving in Africa, people being tortured in Afghanistan, people living without any of the liberties we take for granted (like a radio with more than one channel that isn't run by the government) in North Korea.

GET A GRIP PPL!! omg raftl

AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
I wouldnt if I was you... Its full of stuck up Nonces who think its the best car since Sliced Bread. Believe me, I know wink

[Linked Image]

BMW Joe Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Down 3 frown

But there were loads of new entries this month

Currently 31st (Not suprised, me and Scott seem the only ones that go to shows now lol)

Cruisewirral.com will have a feature in Novembers issue wink

Autowirral.co.uk - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Motoring Enthusiasts.
Cruisewirral.com - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Modified Car Enthusiasts.
Veteran
Veteran
Im always happy to throw a few stickers on my cars and im always telling people to join, and lots do without posting, but personally im not into this cruising buisness. Its not that i dont like it, but its a bonus that comes with modified cars. some people like the social side and the cars are a bonus.

I do like meeting people and all that but with the police out now every week, and there being too many immature people, im getting fed up of it.

The last few weeks, on a sunday, weve been missioning off for the 'races'. I wont say where, but on both occasions it turned out to be a great night. I Personally like the meets when its about cars, not just meeting up and being noisey. You get less kids and childish behaviour. If anyone wants to come along one sunday night and isnt too immature, PM me. It sounds elitist im sure, but i cant be doing with that lot.

I HATE cars.
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,338 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,448 Spotted!