WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
14 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,530 guests, and 650 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_

Originally Posted by Beaty59
So If i go through ALL SERIOUS topics outside the joke thread I will find no FUNNY posts

you go through ALL SERIOUS topics outside the joke thread and if there is anythink you dont like in the forums am mod of that i may of over looked please dont be afriad to Notify or PM me and i will see what i can do smile thanks for your time must dash now very busy man today. hope to chat to you later happy

Google Ads
Smartchild
Smartchild
How would you react if people starting posting jokes about the vandalism of the Hillsborough memorial Beaty?
It's all a matter of respecting other people's opinions and feelings whether or not you agree with them.
The best way to play it is to keep the really serious stuff serious and the jokes for the joke thread.

If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid.
Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by scoops
How would you react if people starting posting jokes about the vandalism of the Hillsborough memorial Beaty?
It's all a matter of respecting other people's opinions and feelings whether or not you agree with them.
The best way to play it is to keep the really serious stuff serious and the jokes for the joke thread.

If people did I wouldn't be happy of course but it is their opinion and wouldn't ask for it to be censored.

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
So people who write jokes about dead people get censored but it's ok to post pictures of your shit.

That was a good topic wink

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
keep on topic now please

you want to chat more beaty then pm me smile

P
PaulWirral
Unregistered
PaulWirral
Unregistered
P

The victims of Hillsborough who were murdered and still waiting for justice should never be made as an example when it comes to comparing against some weird freak who paid off his accuser so that he was never found guilty.

Sorry, just an opinion.

Gary Glitter on the other hand is open house...!!!

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Originally Posted by PaulWirral

The victims of Hillsborough who were murdered and still waiting for justice should never be made as an example when it comes to comparing against some weird freak who paid off his accuser so that he was never found guilty.

Sorry, just an opinion.

Gary Glitter on the other hand is open house...!!!

Don't apologize Paul, your right, trouble is people have short memories . If you have the money and enough clout you can get away and forgiven for anything.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Wiki Master
Online Happy
Wiki Master
Its all censorship what happend to FREE SPEECH i thought this was UK not IRAN.
If people are offended then don't read it.

There is no such thing as Free Speech on Forums.
They are all monitored and all censored to a degree.
We censor ours where its needed.
Ive now clarified this in the Terms and conditions 7.2

I was gutted to hear of his death,
i went to see him on the BAD tour at Leeds and err Heal the World Tour in Tenerife just before all the accusations.

Its amazing to watch all the programs running about the Genius he was, and its like ive heard them say that he was the last Truly Talented Artist.

R.I.P King of Pop

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Jackson's Doctor: 'I Am Not A Suspect'

Michael Jackson's personal doctor has insisted he is not seen as a suspect by cops investigating the star's death after they interviewed him for a second time.

[Linked Image]
Dr Conrad Murray was with the superstar when he collapsed on Thursday but said he was not responsible for his death.

The cardiologist also said through spokeswoman Miranda Sevcik that he had spent hours comforting the King of Pop's family.

"Investigators say the doctor is in no way a suspect and remains a witness to this tragedy," Ms Sevcik said in a statement.

Police have not ruled out a criminal inquiry into the death of the pop superstar, she added.

His lawyer Bill Stradley insisted: "Contrary to what has been out there, Dr Murray has been co-operating with authorities from the outset and will continue to do so.

"The impression that he has been hiding from authorities, that's not correct."

Ms Sevcik said Dr Murray, who has offices in Las Vegas and Houston, had remained in LA since Jackson's death.

"He rode in the ambulance to the hospital and stayed at the hospital for hours comforting and consoling the Jackson family," she said.

"Dr Murray will continue to cooperate fully with the authorities and asks that all keep the Jackson family in their prayers."

The Coroner's office in LA performed a first post mortem on the star's body on Friday but said toxicology reports may take up to six weeks.

Jackson's family have decided to seek a second post mortem on his body, which is being held at an undisclosed location.

Jackson's father, Joseph, reportedly told People magazine: "We don't like what is going on."

Authorities in LA are planning to hold a memorial for Jackson, according to reports.

SKY NEWS.CO.UK

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
I have to say that personally, I'm not bothered - I was never a fan of his music but can see why people say he had talent. The only thing I think is sad is that the children have lost their father; regardless of the stunt he pulled on the balcony, he was still their father.

People die every day, REAL heroes that made a difference to a lot of peoples lives yet remained unsung. Death is a part of life - it will happen to us all at some point as much as we don't like to think about it.

I just hope that the hype dies down soon (pardon the pun) and the sick jokes end.

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
withthat

Green Meanie
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Green Meanie
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Wench
I have to say that personally, I'm not bothered - I was never a fan of his music but can see why people say he had talent. The only thing I think is sad is that the children have lost their father; regardless of the stunt he pulled on the balcony, he was still their father.

People die every day, REAL heroes that made a difference to a lot of peoples lives yet remained unsung. Death is a part of life - it will happen to us all at some point as much as we don't like to think about it.

I just hope that the hype dies down soon (pardon the pun) and the sick jokes end.

yerr wench well said withthat

Last edited by TRANCENTRAL; 28th Jun 2009 6:55pm. Reason: add too

[Linked Image] Please do not adjust your mind, there is a slight problem with reality
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Well lets be honest about it, most of the people who are sobbing, have gone into a "state of mourning", taking time off work, holding candle lit vigils and camping out in front of his house have done nothing but buy his records, watch his videos and maybe seen him in concert.

How many actually KNEW him or even MET him!?! It's like the whole "Diana" business. I just don't get it no

Maybe I'm just a cold hearted bitch think

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Jackson 'Weighed 8st 1oz When He Died'

Michael Jackson weighed just 8st 1oz when he suffered a fatal heart attack on Thursday, according to newspaper reports.

[Linked Image]
Quoting leaked post-mortem results, The Sun said the 5ft 10 singer's body was "severely emaciated" and his stomach contained nothing more than partially dissolved pills.

Despite having a punishing rehearsal schedule for his upcoming concerts, Jackson was understood to be eating once a day - which could explain his weight.

The paper also claimed to have seen notes that said Jackson's hair had fallen out and that his face was covered in plastic surgery scars.

Several of his ribs were allegedly broken and injection sites were visible from where medics had tried to kick start his heart with shots of adrenaline.

Dr Charles Knight, a consultant cardiologist and secretary of the British Cardiovascular Society, said the broken ribs were consistent with attempts at cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

"It does happen with CPR - it's not common but is a recognised complication," he told Sky News Online.

"It's better to persevere with the resuscitation attempt rather than worry about the risk of breaking ribs."
Dr Knight added that the injections of adrenaline given to Jackson would not have been a "first-line treatment" but were likely to have been given to the singer in the hospital when other methods of resuscitation had failed.

The fatal cardiac arrest suffered by Jackson could have been caused by a variety of different things, Dr Knight said.

Read more about the Jackson post mortem at The Sun Online

Statistically the most common would have been a heart attack, caused by a blocked coronary artery.

However, respiratory failure could also lead to rapid cardiac arrest - and the pathologists would be looking for drugs in Jackson's system that could have repressed his breathing to a fatally low level.

The leaked post-mortem findings appear to contradict reports that the singer was in good shape before his death.

According to Fox News, a source said investigators at the Los Angeles County coroner's office had been surprised by the apparent good health of the 50-year-old.

"He appeared to be stronger than they expected," the source was quoted as saying.

Prior to his death, Jackson had hired Incredible Hulk star Lou Ferrigno as his personal trainer.

The fragile singer was understood to be working on improving his fitness ahead of his planned 50-date residency at London's O2 arena.

His family has hired a private pathologist to carry out a second post-mortem in a bid to answer the questions surrounding the cause of his death.

SKY NEWS.CO.UK

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Story That Jackson Weighed 8st 'Not True'

A newspaper story that Michael Jackson weighed just 8st 1oz when he suffered a fatal heart attack on Thursday has been rebuffed by the Los Angeles coroner.

Quoting leaked post-mortem results, The Sun said the 5ft 10 singer's body was "severely emaciated" and his stomach contained nothing more than partially dissolved pills.

Despite having a punishing rehearsal schedule for his upcoming concerts, Jackson was understood to be eating once a day - which could explain his weight.

The Sun also claimed to have seen notes that said Jackson's hair had fallen out and that his face was covered in plastic surgery scars.

Several of his ribs were allegedly broken and injection sites were visible from where medics had tried to kick-start his heart with shots of adrenaline.

But a statement from the Los Angeles County coroner said: "The report that is being published did not come from this office.

"I don't know where the information came from, or who that information came from. It is not accurate. Some of it is totally false."

Dr Charles Knight, a consultant cardiologist and secretary of the British Cardiovascular Society, said broken ribs would have been consistent with attempts at cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

"It does happen with CPR - it's not common but is a recognised complication," he told Sky News Online.

Dr Knight added that the injections of adrenaline given to Jackson would not have been a "first-line treatment" but were likely to have been given to the singer in the hospital when other methods of resuscitation had failed.

The fatal cardiac arrest suffered by Jackson could have been caused by a variety of different things, Dr Knight said.

Statistically the most common would have been a heart attack, caused by a blocked coronary artery.

However, respiratory failure could also lead to rapid cardiac arrest - and the pathologists would be looking for drugs in Jackson's system that could have repressed his breathing to a fatally low level.

The Sun story contradicts earlier reports that the singer was in good shape before his death.

According to Fox News, investigators at the Los Angeles County coroner's office had been surprised by the 50-year-old's apparent good health.

Prior to his death, Jackson had hired Incredible Hulk star Lou Ferrigno as his personal trainer.

The singer was understood to be working on his fitness ahead of the 50 concerts he was due to give at London's O2 arena.

Jackson's family have hired a private pathologist to carry out a second post-mortem in a bid to answer some of the questions surrounding his death.

SKY NEWS

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am