Found this little bit of info from booklet published in 1998 by a W.E.A. local History
In 1830 two small cottages were built, 10 years later they were knocked into one and became the Eagle Arms Pub
The Eagle Arms has it's own Coat of Arms
It was also known as Blowers when the tugs were bringing the ships up to Bidston Dock. They would blow their hooters to let the landlord know he would soon have customers.
Anther nickname it had was Giles, the landlady being Mrs Giles. She would give the local children a few pence to take her washing down to the docks,to wash it in the docks!
There were the 'coolie' boats of Blue Funnel and Henderson Line which docked at the end of Limekiln lane, having come from Bombay and Calcutta. The coolies would often have festivals and came ashore to drink at Gile's Pub
. They would catch the train to Birkenhead market to buy clothes and would walk back with their wares upon their heads in Indian File down the lane to their boats..
Hopefully it's correct information.