WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,314
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
13 members (3 invisible), 9,678 guests, and 474 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
Wirral waters
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:07am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
i hope the judge is a blue !

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Google Ads
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Sanchez - you have a truly evil side raftl

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
nooooo i dont J, im just a twaat

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
raftl

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
LIVERPOOL manager Rafa Benitez today gave Steven Gerrard his full backing after he was charged with assaulting a DJ.

The Reds boss, who returned to training today for the first time since undergoing surgery on a kidney stone problem a fortnight ago, said: "Steven is our captain and a key player for us, but more than this, I know him as a nice person.

“I sat down with him this morning and had a very good talk with him about the situation and I was also able to speak at length with our club lawyer.

“Steven explained to me what had happened and I told him he has my full support and backing, along with everyone else at the football club.

“He has trained with the other lads this morning after a couple of days off for the squad and is keen now to focus solely on his football.

“We have worked very hard to get into the position we are in going through to the New Year and all of us are determined to keep that progress going.

“We will do whatever we can to support Steven in the weeks ahead, but we are now concentrating on our preparation for the FA Cup game at Preston this weekend.”

Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
If I was in the same situation, an arguement broke out and the other fella struck first, Id have no problem smacking him one. Im sure a lot of you are the same, and if you say otherwise, then frankly I think youre not being realistic.

He didn't strike - he pushed. And if someone pushed me I wouldn't put my ELBOW in their face!!! I'd back away and try to reason. Of course its also complicated by the fact that he has friends/minders/hangers on who like to glass people. If it were me - I wouldn't bring such friends to a relaxed night out. Plus thank god I don't have any friends like that!!!

AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
well maybe so, but Ive learnt from the past not to back off and dawdle, because by that time, their 11 or so best mates from South Wirrl or where have you, All jump in because a 1 on 1 fight is out of the question.

Always fun to meet up with them later, when theyre by themselves.

I dont condone fighting, but if it means protecting yourself and your friends, no hesitation whatsoever.

[Linked Image]

------------------------------------------------------------
Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
I still don't understand why he used his elbow - maybe it is exceptionally sharp and pointy - a bit of a girly move...

AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
AlfaHolic
Forum Veteran
Elbow is the strongest part you can hit someone with, like the knee.

A half arsed elbow shot does more damage than a well placed punch... Maybe he went for the take down think

[Linked Image]

------------------------------------------------------------
Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
Or maybe the birdy song was playing at the time - I'd deck any DJ for that. I think Gerrard was in the 'my-arms-are-really-wings' maneuver. Hence the true embarrassment and inability to talk for 'legal reasons' - yeah right! The one in the red shirt is Gerrard! lol
[youtube]qeswZaReE0I[/youtube]

WARNING: Don't watch this to the end - your brain is likely to melt and spill out of your nostrils and ears.

Last edited by MissGuided; 1st Jan 2009 3:50pm. Reason: Public health warning
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
THE Manchester United supporter allegedly assaulted by Liverpool hero Steven Gerrard is living in fear of attacks by rival fans.

Marcus McGee, 34, emerged from his house yesterday for the first time in 48 hours since shattering a tooth in a bar brawl.

Sporting a hat to mask a plaster covering a head wound, the double glazing firm boss walked out to his car shortly after police arrived at his home in Churchtown, near Southport, Merseyside.

He made no comment as he went to and from his year-old Mercedes R320 Cdi hatchback.

But he opened his mouth briefly revealing damage to his right front tooth.

Neighbours revealed that the dad-of-two fears he could become a target for abuse since allegedly clashing with Gerrard, 28, at the Lounge Inn in Southport in the early hours of Monday.

The England midfielder has been charged with assault causing actual bodily harm and affray and is due to appear in court in three weeks.

North west rivals Liverpool and Manchester United are set to go head-to-head in the battle for this season’s Premier League crown.

Since the alleged assault builders have been busy boosting security at United supporter Mr McGee’s detached bungalow – moving fence panels into the back garden and planting conifers near the windows.

One neighbour said: “Some Liverpool fans will blame him for the fact that Steven Gerrard is in court.

“He’s scared some idiot may do something stupid.”

Mr McGee was standing in as a DJ at the town centre bar when the incident happened.

He needed three stitches to a head wound and will need surgery to repair his damaged tooth.

Yesterday Gerrard left his £3million mansion in nearby Formby, to head to training with his team mates. He met Liverpool’s manager Rafa Benitez, 48, to discuss his situation.

The club has vowed to give him “all the support he needs”.

And last night Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish rallied behind the beleaguered skipper.

He and wife Marina, 55, had been chatting to Gerrard in the bar and left 30 minutes before the incident.

Kenny, 57, said: “He had been telling us how he and his wife Alex wanted to get more involved with helping Marina’s charity.

“He was there with his lifelong friends enjoying himself at Christmas time.

“Steven was happily signing autographs for people – co-operating with everyone’s requests.

“When we found out what had happened the next morning after Marina and I had left we were so surprised.

“Now at this time he needs a lot of people around him to support him, and he could not be at a better football club for that.

“The Steven Gerrard I know is not just a great footballer but a really good person as well.”

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
just saying that for compo wink

OOOO i find it hard to go out now etc etc, bollocks, you watch, lets see what he claims for wink

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
Don't give up your day-job Mr McGee

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Steven Gerrard to lead Liverpool's FA Cup push

RAFA BENITEZ has given Steven Gerrard his total backing – by telling his captain he will start today’s FA Cup clash with Preston despite the criminal charges hanging over him.

Gerrard will start the third round tie at Deepdale following one of the most difficult weeks of his career.

The Reds skipper is due to appear in court later this month having been charged with assault and affray following an early hours disturbance at a Southport bar on Monday.

There had been speculation that Gerrard would be left out of today’s meeting with Preston but his manager has made it clear that the 28-year-old will be in his starting line up and backed him to keep up his recent outstanding form against the Championship outfit.

“Steven is really focused on football,” said Benitez.

“He is training normally and his relationship with his team mates is normal.

“You can see from the way he is training that he has got his mind on the game and he will definitely play against Preston. He will be involved because we need him on the pitch.

“Steven knows that he has our support but it will also be good for us to have him in the team because he is playing very well at the moment.

“I have spoken to Steven and the lawyer and for me it is clear he needs to be supported.

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
COLEEN Rooney’s brother was arrested by police over the bar brawl that landed Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard in court.

Police arrested Anthony McLoughlin, 19, from Huyton, yesterday on suspicion of assault and affray.

Mr McLoughlin was questioned in connection with the brawl at Southport’s Lounge Inn in the early hours of December 29 before being bailed last night.

Today a spokesman for Coleen confirmed her brother was arrested.

He said there would be no further comment from Coleen, her younger brother Anthony or her husband Wayne Rooney.

Gerrard was charged in connection with an attack in which local businessman Marcus McGee lost a tooth after he was punched in the face.

A Merseyside police spokeswoman said: “The 19-year-old male from Huyton who was arrested on suspicion of assault following the incident at the Lounge Inn, Southport, in the early hours of December 29 has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.”

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,122 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,122 Spotted!