Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,926 guests, and 465 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pomp Offline OP
Forum Veteran
OP Offline
Forum Veteran
Unlimited Internet Access on Vodafone’s New Monthly Price Plans

Originally Posted by vodafone
As Facebook, Bebo and eBay top the popularity charts on Vodafone Mobile Internet, Vodafone UK has today changed the way it structures its price plans to include access to the internet and email on their mobile as an integral part of the monthly price plan.

The move means that pay monthly customers will no longer need to buy an additional internet bundle for £7.50 but instead every plan will automatically include internet access. The new plans will give Vodafone customers reliable and fast unlimited* access to their favourite social network sites, email and the whole of the internet when out and about in the UK. Vodafone customers will now have even greater confidence to browse the mobile internet without the worry of additional charges, no matter what monthly plan they choose.

Price plans start at £25 and customers who select a £40 or higher price plan will also for the first time have the choice of unlimited texts, unlimited landline calls or unlimited Vodafone to Vodafone calls.

“Our customers want simplicity and services that are easy to select, buy and use. Today with our new price plans Vodafone customers have the confidence to browse for as long as they need with no extra costs when checking their e-mail, visiting their favourite social networking sites or making a final bid on eBay,“ said Ian Shepherd, director of consumer for Vodafone UK. “This will make Vodafone not only the network of choice for voice and text but also the internet. And what’s more, all customers who visit a store to sign up to the new plan will benefit from Vodafone’s simple two minute set up for email so that they can leave the store up and running.

Website of quote - click Here

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Isnt this the same as what o2 are already doing on their 18 and 24 month contracts?

I like the way all these mobile providers call it "unlimited" and then have stupid Fair Use Policies; its about time they actually made it unlimited, although the reason they won't is simply because the next fortune to be made, is from data on the move.

smile

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I dont think o2 is as cheap as this plus youll be lucky to get a signal on o2 as they dont have much 3g coverage if not any??

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
raftl

You dont half chat some shit mate, you obviously dont know how much coverage their HSDPA network has...

They are second only to 3UK for 3G coverage. I dont know anywhere locally (urban Wirral, Liverpool) where I cant get a 3G signal tbh!

And yep, o2 is as cheap, with an 18 month contract you automatically get one bolt on free, from £35 a month upwards, you get two free. Or you can just upgrade direct via their retentions teams and get yaself on a 12 month plan with them and get everything for £25 a month.

smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
http://www.webmap.o2.co.uk/map.asp

Now come back when you have learnt about o2's network.

smile

Forum Master
Forum Master
sleep

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Oh and o2's 2.5G network is running EDGE now for the iPhone, so anyone with an EDGE compatible phone, is likely to get speeds in excess of GPRS even in 2G network area's.

smile

Wiki Master
Online Happy
Wiki Master
Hummmm interesting

change could be in the air for tariffs ??

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Im personally hoping all the networks get their acts together with regards the bloody data; the problem is, it's the next big thing where the networks are going to make money.

For the last few years, it has been SMS, landline calls in and roaming calls where the mobile networks have been making tonnes and tonnes of money, but thanks to Ofcom and the EU, this is gradually changing.

They are absolutely desperate to hold on to high data charges, and this is the reason they have stupid fair use policies on apparently "unlimited" packages, and charge stupid money like £7 per MB when using data outside of the UK, and upwards of £3 per MB when in the UK.

I don't like the term unlimited anyway, as we in the server industry know it doesnt exist dont we Mark. I think all networks and ISP's should class it as unmetered, but then the FUP idea gets wiped out, hence they wont!

It's only a matter of time before the EU get involved with the scandelous cost of data, especially when roaming!

frown

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
If ya must know i worked in carphone & fones 4 u for the last 4 years and the reason why ya can get 3g signal on o2 is because they use vodafones 3g masts as part of a tax related deal they both agreed to and for £35 a month you get 4 add ons e.g 1 add on = 150 extra mins, vodafone stop the clock or unlimited internet access so 3 add ons = 450 mins with unlimited txts plus first six months line rental is half price so all this for £17.50 a month ya cant go wrong so get ya facts rite an stop chattin shit Vodafone would piss on o2 allday long worldwide network with strongest signal in britain for 4 years running now ya only have to look on the side of all the buses to realize that!!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
And that iphone is the biggest load of shit ne1 has ever brought out its got nothing on it

Vodafones black N95 has 8gb internal 5mp camera and video full internet WLAN i cold go all night naming them!!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
OMG mate, listen, you worked for the two biggest (scammers?) mobile phone RETAILERS in the country; you are a salesman, not an expert. There is a fundamental flaw in any commission driven retailer involved in a buisiness of this nature employing experts, and that is because they tell the truth, and the truth very rarely sells a product.

I live, eat and breathe this shit, and have done for nigh on 10 years; partly because its the industry im in, and partly because im a self confessed nerd and have had nothing better to do then take an dangerous level of interest in this stuff for the past 6 years or so. If o2 and their network are so shit raftl (sorry, I can't contain myself), why are they the biggest mobile network in the UK and have been pretty much since phones turned digital in the mid-90's? Why are they the biggest business provider in the UK? And why does such a vital service such as TETRA exclusively use their network for carriage?

HSDPA is widely regarded as the intermediate future of mobile phones, and o2 were the very first network to begin rolling out this service in the UK back in 2005.

Wow you can name specs of a phone that is now out of date, and has never exactly excelled in any area, but one that SALESMEN like to push because its the "in" phone to do so... Can you explain any other terminology in telecommunications, such as DOCSIS, DAVIC, ULL, EDGE, TCDMA, CCDMA, WHAM, UMTS, CSD, HSDPA etc...

The only thing I will agree with you on, is yes, the iPhone is a load of wank, and I am loving the fact its the biggest failiure since bread was sliced; but that doesnt change the fact that o2 have upgraded the majority of their network to EDGE to cater for it not being 3G compatible, and it does mean that should I have an EDGE mobile, even if I have no 3G coverage, I will be able to download at upto 230Kbps as opposed to the 60Kbps maximum of GPRS, as with all other networks 2G speeds. Which I think you will agree, is a massive improvement.

Vodafone and o2 in all honesty, have very similar networks, they both use the old 900Mhz GSM system as opposed to the more modern 1800Mhz system used by T-Mobile and Orange, and both have around the same level of network coverage. They were both forced by Ofcom to become a carrier-elect for Hutchionson 3G when they entered the UK market due to the very reason that they have greater network coverage then any other network. Don't forget, that o2 are the only major network that has any significant carriage on the Isle of Mann, due to their ownership of Manx Telecom, and under the ownership of Telefonica (who prize o2 so much that they are planning to rebrand all their residential services around the world including their flagship Movistar network in Spain, to o2) they are only going to get even bigger and even better.

I aint going to slate any particular network, because nowadays, they all have as good coverage as most people ever need, unless you are planning to go to the likes of the Outer Hebrides. But if you want to come on slating a network, at least know the facts to do so, just saying "bah you will be lucky to get a 3G signal on o2", when their 3G network quite clearly covers 90% of Wirral, Liverpool, South Wirral and Chester, which is pretty much everywhere locally bar Caldy and Thurstaston and the odd rural place here and there is just plain stupid and indication of you're level of knowledge.

Needless to say, I rekon Mr StuyMac could talk us both under the table as to how networks actually work etc hehe.

smile

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I wasnt trying to say shit about any network and i can admit i dont go in2 depth about the digital side of it all i was tryin 2 say was:
I get my contract paid for cos i work for singlepoint 4u which started me off on o2 and i used to travel to london most weekends and out of a 3 hour train journey i can honestly say i cud pick signal up 25% of the time i was on the train 12mths later i switched to vodafone and cud pick up signal bout 60% of journey time, I'm not sayin signal is great on the train but as i or anyone who travels the country will advise vodafone hence virgin trains using vodafone not virgin(t mobile) alike most coach companys
I do agree Vodafone and O2 are very much alike being U.Ks top mobile companys but vodafone is still the biggest worldwide.
Wikepedia:
Vodafone Group is a mobile network operator headquartered in Newbury, Berkshire, England, UK. It is the largest mobile telecommunications network company in the world by turnover and has a market value of about £100 billion.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Yes, Voda are the biggest in the world, although we do have to consider that a lot of their world market share is through acquisition (similar of course to Telefonica and Hutchionson) and not soley through being the best or building from the ground up. However, in the UK, they are the second largest only to o2 - o2 is basically gigantic in the business sector thanks to days when it was Cellnet and owned by Omega and BT, BT was an almost automatic choice for business and so long as businesses have no major problems with a service provider, they tend to stay with them.

I think Vodafone is one network that is better when it comes to train services because they have invested somewhat more in ensuring they get better coverage for trains; I recall they had some carriage in the Merseyrail train tunnel, not sure if this is still the case, but it certainly was in the late 90's, early 2000's.

The only networks I personally would tend to avoid like the plague, is T-Mobile and 3UK, and any virtual operators using their networks. Both of them are very questionable when it comes to coverage in my own experience.

The rest of the networks are acceptable for me, overall coverage is the important thing for me; I dont particuarly need 3G but it is very nice to have it there for when it is needed as it improves surfing the net on the move no end!

smile

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
defo rite about 3UK and T-Mobile wouldnt touch them
Orange, Vodafone & O2 are all pretty much alike although Orange about 6-7 Years ago were unbeatable for coverage, there coverage doesnt seem to be as good as it use to & you wait about half an hour for cust service on Orange
But in all fairness I've been on Voda for last 3-4 years and Never had a problem so i wouldnt really know how other networks have progressed, The family groups introduced last year are brilliant tho my bills have halfed since I've been on it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mark 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am