The Birkenhead Corporation bus, fleet No 2, is pictured standing outside Park Station in Duke Street 1922.
This was a Leyland "RAF" type bus which operated on Birkenhead's first scheduled motor-bus service from Rock Ferry to here in 1919. This bus was in service until 1927.
Park Station was opened 2nd January 1888, being the link station between the Wirral Railway which opened in 1866, and was extended to West Kirby in 1878, and Mersey Railway, which opened in 1886. This meant passengers could travel from West Kirby and Hoylake through Liverpool and vice versa, changing at Park Station.
The station suffered some damage from enemy bombs in 1941.