Previously the Walker's Pub
on the corner of Livingstone Street and Cleveland Street, it was the Old English Gentleman and can be traced back to 1846 when J Inwood was the victualler.
Birkenhead Brewery's building on the extreme left and sandwiched between the two taller buildings was George Gaskell who was a building contractor.
The site behind the wall also belonged to the Birkenhead Brewery and was bought in 1985 by the Birkenhead Title & Slate Company.
The brewery merged with Threlfall's Chester Ltd in 1962 and was later taken over by Whitbread's Brewery.
- The Northwest's Biggest forum of Motoring Enthusiasts.Cruisewirral.com
- The Northwest's Biggest forum of Modified Car Enthusiasts.