A 13-year-old girl had been drinking cider before she tripped and fell on to a railway track and was electrocuted, the inquest into her death has heard.
Jennifer Williams, of Birkenhead, Wirral, had been camping for the night with friends on Moreton beach when the accident happened on 19 July last year.
They were on their way to buy food when they crossed the line between Leasowe and Bidston railway stations.
The coroner recorded a verdict of death by misadventure at Wallasey Town Hall.
Jennifer was nearly twice the legal drink-drive limit when she died, with 135mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. The legal limit is 80mg per 100ml.
Wow, me and Kyle (vectravxr) know this girl's brother. It's extremely sad when you see drinking, which is supposed to be fun even when you are only a tennager, ending up with consequences like this. BBC News Report