Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,347
Posts1,033,259
Members14,550
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (3 invisible), 9,922 guests, and 520 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
JohnC, Luke2307, jharwood, TamTam, mrbigglesworth
14,550 Registered Users
New General Forums
Do we need Trident?
by derekdwc - 20th Jan 2016 1:11pm
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Looking for Joneses
by Markjon88 - 11th Apr 2019 7:06am
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 15
casper 14
bri445 4
Topic Replies
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:20pm
Gaza
by granny - 15th Mar 2024 10:13pm
Get your Money Tree ready
by StellaSimmons - 11th Mar 2024 11:50am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by bri445 - 4th Mar 2024 5:54pm
Xbox
by TudorBlue - 3rd Mar 2024 8:48pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by Abakumss - 2nd Mar 2024 3:52pm
Oleo Works
by diggingdeeper - 1st Mar 2024 11:51pm
Wiper mechanism needed
by Gibbo - 28th Feb 2024 12:29pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
casper #1029408 23rd Jan 2017 9:01pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by casper
Crossed my mind too venice, it would suit the Tories the key to privatisation of the NHS, but I don't honestly believe Trump will last that long, he has become the sideshow Bob of politics his PR people are trying to deny the undeniable.

Casper, I know you decry the Tories for just about everything, including the privatisation of the health service.
Two key points, a) the New Labour initially instigated the path towards privatisation of the NHS and b) EU 2020 Health Strategy , is also a component in the concept of private health services. If we will be out of the EU, we may indeed be able to rescue and sustain the NHS in a different and more purposeful way, once all the binding rules have been put to bed. Let's not forget the integration commenced when Tony Blair encouraged people to go to Europe for operations and the like. That was the beginning of the EU health strategy. The same people from EU member states can also come here for the health care, as it stands now.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ournh...-new-labour-began-dismantling-of-our-nhs

...However, in 1999 ‘New Labour’ marked the start of a transition of the NHS from a public sector provider to include the private sector under the disguise of choice and competition. New Labour’s reforms of the NHS proved to be highly unpopular both within and outside the mainstream Labour Party.
Why did New Labour take this controversial and unpopular route to the delivery of public services? After four successive general election defeats, Labour’s social democratic model of Keynesian demand management economics, progressive taxation, extending welfare spending and redistribution was no longer seen as a practicable solution. New Labour essentially raised the white flag and inverted the principle of social democracy: society was no longer to be the master of the market, but its servant. Labour was to offer a more humane version of Thatcherism in that the state would be actively used to help people survive as individuals in the global economy. Nevertheless, economic interests would always call all the shots. Professor Anthony King described Tony Blair’s administration as the “first ever Labour government to be openly, even ostentatiously pro-business”.

Thus, New Labour’s leadership had been “converted” from tolerating private enterprise to actively promoting it – a significant political U-turn.

Unfortunately, the last Labour Government laid the groundwork for everything that the Tory-led coalition is now doing to the NHS. Market structures, foundation trusts, GP consortia and the introduction of private corporations into commissioning were all products of an ill-conceived Labour vision of “public service reforms”.

Last edited by granny; 23rd Jan 2017 9:04pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Google Ads
granny #1029419 24th Jan 2017 8:05am
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
You are right granny,what did Blair say, things can only get better, but then never confuse Blair with a Labour government, the Tories are doing really well, they have managed to turn GB into a virtual third world country in a few years, and now TM is off to the USA to rattle the begging bowl to Trump, Boris is doing a good job alienating and insulting everyone he speaks to, so things are going really well.

PS Please don't bin bag me. wink

casper #1029420 24th Jan 2017 11:01am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

A third world country, Casper ? Have you been to a third world country ?

There are new times ahead, new challenges and once we have had the French elections and the German elections, there might be a whole lot more challenges. They would be there no matter what.
I'm not really sure what your link is between everything, because you talk in confusing lingo at such times. Are you referring to Brexit, to a coalition Government, to Teresa May, or what ? Boris is hardly to be blamed for the fall of the British Empire and maybe it's your Scottish rooted boots that are feeling rather more anti the establishment, than you otherwise would do.
That's not so bad, isn't that exactly where Mr Trump had his new policies, as he sat in the wings...i.e. against the establishment ? Who do you agree with Casper ? Who are your present political heros ? Surely not the three amigos, Jeremy Corbyn, John Mcdonnell and Diane Abbott ? Huff a lot, Puff a lot and Blow a lot. nono

I really can't imagine Mr Corbyn even getting a mention from Trump, let alone being carried over the front step, and if we can do deals with the US, then why not ? The people voted Brexit, and so we must follow the route for best of the country. No good sitting in the corner and waiting for something to happen. That has been the cry of the whingers ;that there wasn't a plan in place. Now there is , so they whinge about that too.

Well done Gina Miller, she got what she set out to do but it won't change the path, it will just make it harder and longer.

Interesting times ahead in all camps and I think it's quite exciting. So I won't bin bag you, Casper. I send my love as always, and hope you see the light soon. Europe and the Euro is doomed, and we got the show on the road before they changed the rules. That is a blessing in my opinion and we wouldn't have had a chance with a different Government. So who is our hero in all of this ? How did we get to this place in time, living through the history of the future. In years to come, all our written comments from now will be have been stored and read to give the opinions of the people in the 21st Century. You and I Casper could be in the history books, bound together for eternity. bananalove

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
cools #1029426 24th Jan 2017 12:08pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
If we are a third world country then what type of country are all the migrants leaving and heading here. Like many I am at present living below my means ( necessary expenditure out stripping income) but still got food in fridge, clothes on my back roof over head a free NHS ,a job, car (taxed and insured! but I understand why people cant afford it) . Selling up and living in luxury in a third or second world country is a consideration. Just waiting for Trump to eradicate Islamic terrorists then may have more options

cools #1029440 24th Jan 2017 4:38pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Israel approves plans for 2,500 new settlement homes in West Bank

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-38734956

One hundred will be constructed in Beit El, a settlement near Ramallah that reportedly has received funding from a foundation run by the family of Mr Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner

Just another spanner in the works for the peace process. Netanyahu has waited ,knowing full well he will have the backing of Trump's family.

What a coward ! He couldn't go ahead with the decision without the Trumps could he ?

More Palestinian backlash which Israel will condemn and retaliate ,involve USA and then where will it all go ?

~Chief Seattle
cools #1029450 24th Jan 2017 5:59pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Did I hear something earlier today that Mr Obama gave Palestine high millions of dollars as one of his last Presidential actions . Hope that helps them a bit.Not good news though on the Trump front, dont think he has any sympathy for them at all.

fish5133 #1029451 24th Jan 2017 6:02pm
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Originally Posted by fish5133
If we are a third world country then what type of country are all the migrants leaving and heading here. Like many I am at present living below my means ( necessary expenditure out stripping income) but still got food in fridge, clothes on my back roof over head a free NHS ,a job, car (taxed and insured! but I understand why people cant afford it) . Selling up and living in luxury in a third or second world country is a consideration. Just waiting for Trump to eradicate Islamic terrorists then may have more options

You like many others are starting to struggle with increasing prices fish and we still hold EU membership, John Whittingdale gave his governments vision of life outside of the EU, we will cut EU red tape to allow industry a free hand to prosper, when pushed for examples on workers rights he became a bit coy, when reminded that TM had made a statement that she would protect those rights he insisted that what he really meant was they would trim them to suit British industry, mmm really, austerity paving the way for sweatshop Britain, I feel so sorry for those who will be faced with a future that will be an endless struggle against inequality and unfairness.

venice #1029459 24th Jan 2017 7:11pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by venice
Did I hear something earlier today that Mr Obama gave Palestine high millions of dollars as one of his last Presidential actions . Hope that helps them a bit.Not good news though on the Trump front, dont think he has any sympathy for them at all.

Today he has also signed executive orders for taking the oil pipeline through Dakota, land of the American Indians who have battled long and hard against this. They were given a reprieve just before Christmas, but by the stroke of a pen, the Donald has put it all in motions again. He is now showing his true colours within 4 days of his Presidency.

It seems he and his family is about to cause mayhem and discontent everywhere he focuses. He did say he has received many awards for environmental issues. The BBC say they can't find anything to substantiate his claim.

~Chief Seattle
granny #1029462 24th Jan 2017 7:16pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I seem to remember that in fact it's not 'through' Indian land. It's 'near' Indian land.

CVCVCV #1029465 24th Jan 2017 7:45pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
It's supposedly crossing their sacred burial ground and the Missouri River which is their main source of water. Worrying about leakage etc. But CVCVCV, I'm sure you know this already, are you just testing ?

[Linked Image]

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs9oqQbXYAAuqsD.jpg:large[/img]

Last edited by granny; 24th Jan 2017 7:52pm.

~Chief Seattle
granny #1029468 24th Jan 2017 7:59pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
This map appears to show the pipeline route to the north of the reservation, that is, near their land, not through it.
I was going by memory, not trying to test anyone, just stating what from your map, appears to be a fact.

Last edited by CVCVCV; 24th Jan 2017 8:03pm.
cools #1029469 24th Jan 2017 8:13pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Indian tribes have an ancient prophecy about the black snake crossing the river and poisoning it and ushering in the end ( Of what or whom I am not sure). The protest has brought the indian tribes together for the first time since the Battle of Little Bighorn (custers last stand).

Interesting that the local town voted against the pipeline passing by the town on health and environmental grounds so it was rerouted up near the Indian grounds.

You kind of sense that Trump doesn't give a coyotes rear end about the Indian tribes and speaks with forked tongue

cvcvcv. I think its former Indian land where they have burial grounds but had the land taken from them when put into the reservations. Its as much about potential pollution of the water courses

Last edited by fish5133; 24th Jan 2017 8:20pm.
CVCVCV #1029470 24th Jan 2017 8:57pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

I was only jesting CV. There is another map which shows the burial sites, it would not allow me to post it before. I think it might work now..

What do you reckon ?

Attached Images
DakotaAccessNDSioux800px.png

~Chief Seattle
cools #1029476 24th Jan 2017 9:36pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Where the pipeline will cross the river is only half a mile north of Standing Rock., which isn't far at all.

Looks as if the bugger is about to upset China too.

A spokeswoman for China said this evening, that China would defend it's territory, even if it was with military.

BBC news;

China has asserted its "indisputable sovereignty" over parts of the South China Sea after the Trump administration vowed to prevent China from taking territory in the region.

The Chinese foreign ministry said Beijing would "remain firm to defend its rights in the region

Last edited by granny; 24th Jan 2017 9:43pm.

~Chief Seattle
cools #1029552 26th Jan 2017 10:13am
cools Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
He's certainly gone in with a bang, looks like he's going to build that wall and his views on waterboarding etc. I've got to say he comes out with what alot of people think but are too scared to say. No such thing as political correctness with him and I gotta say I find myself agreeing somewhat. I also find myself calling him mad but you can't say he run of the mill and boring. Maybe if he's around long enough all this might work.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Xbox
by TudorBlue - 3rd Mar 2024 8:48pm
Possible Cause of Dementia
by diggingdeeper - 22nd Feb 2024 2:08am
Wiper mechanism needed
by Peter0787 - 20th Feb 2024 4:07pm
For Sale & Free
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
TheComputerLab
TheComputerLab
Wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
Floral pavilion promo code?
by TheComputerLab - 31st Dec 2018 2:11pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am
New Enthusiast Forums
Xbox