Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,886 guests, and 533 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1013095 2nd Jul 2016 4:10pm
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
I've just put a complaint in to the BBC who were making news up by editing historical footage together in the wrong order.

Type of complaint: BBC News (TV, Radio and website)

Which news service is it about: TV News

Channel: BBC News Channel

Programme title: BBC News?

Transmission date: 02/07/2016

Broadcast type: When it was actually broadcast

Incident time: 16:36

Complaint category: Factual error or inaccuracy

Complaint title: Editing events that occur at a different time

Complaint description:-

Watching the item about Farage being under pressure in the EU parliament. It became clear that although it was put over as a contemporary broadcast from the EU parliament, in actual fact it was a number of segments edited together from different days in the parliament. Furthermore, the events were not in historic order.

This corrupted what was being shown as Farage could not be replying to some of the other MEPs comments as his statement was made before them.

This created a complete misrepresentation of what was going on, indeed it was effectively a piece of fiction not fact - a similar process is used in the music industry by sampling and editing, it becomes a unique piece of music and does not represent the originals.

You cannot have a news broadcast that is fiction (War of the Worlds springs to mind!), without making clear that it is fiction.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Google Ads
Forum Addict
Online Content
Forum Addict
Come on! The man is a menace! He only went there to rub their noses in it. Not what I'd call statesmanlike. The thought of including him in any negotiating team is ludicrous. You don't get a good deal by accusing people of never having done a real day's work in their lives before you even start.

Nobody in their right mind would mistake the edited 'highlights' shown as the complete speech.

Junker's question to him was a very good one I thought. "Why are you here?" Sadly the real answer is "To make trouble!" Fortunately for them they'll soon be rid of him. I expect he'll be back here shouting people down and hectoring us about something else he can mess up. Their gain is our loss!

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Excoriator
Nobody in their right mind would mistake the edited 'highlights' shown as the complete speech.

Its not the completeness that's the problem, its that its not in the right order.

Changing the order of statements totally throws accuracy away.

Junker's question to him was a very good one I thought. "Why are you here?" Sadly the real answer is "To make trouble!"

No, the answer is because Farage has as much right to be there as Junker, Farage has no control over whether or not we leave the EU, at the moment we have not left and there is no certainty that we will leave.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Agree dd. Bbc need to be honest with their reporting. Questions were asked years back how their reporter in new york jane stanley on live tv couldreport that world trade centre building 7 had collapsed when it could still be clearly seen behind her and didnt collapse for another 20 minutes The live feed suddenly was lost. Someone must have had prior knowledge the building wS going to collapse or controlled demolition.

Forum Veteran
Online Content
Forum Veteran
Up until the last year or so I've taken for granted that the media (tv and newspapers)were giving us the truth about events occurring around us.I've now come to the conclusion that "the paymaster calls the tune"
The paymasters being those who own the newspapers and political appointees and monied interests. Polls nowadays seem have their own agendas
I shall now try to look for alternative views to major controversial issues and make my mind up as to which I choose to believe

Honesty may be the best policy, but it’s important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.

Last edited by derekdwc; 3rd Jul 2016 10:27am.
Forum Addict
Online Content
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Junker's question to him was a very good one I thought. "Why are you here?" Sadly the real answer is "To make trouble!"

No, the answer is because Farage has as much right to be there as Junker, Farage has no control over whether or not we leave the EU, at the moment we have not left and there is no certainty that we will leave.

You are confusing "right" with "reason" Nobody disputes his right to be there, but his reason for being there is something quite different.

And you cannot claim his abuse of his fellow MEPs was the result of editing. Nor was it wise if a good deal is to be negotiated.

His real reason for being there was crude triumphalism - an attempt to rub the EU's nose in his 'triumph'. Both childish and unpleasant.

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
His real reason for being there was crude triumphalism - an attempt to rub the EU's nose in his 'triumph'. Both childish and unpleasant.

Did you say that about the other MEPs who have belittled and abused Farage and the UK in the past - or is it the one sided BBC reporting that led you to believe it was just Farage that speaks like that?

Forum Addict
Online Content
Forum Addict
He speaks like that all the time though! And did so before he became an MEP. I've seen him ranting in the flesh, and if anything the media have toned it down rather than playing it up. He is a rabble rouser whose appeal lies in racism and jingoism.

And I didn't say it about the other MEPs because they have not, to the best of my knowledge, resorted to the sort of childish "Yah Boo. I got my own way in the end!" jeering that Farage did.

I hope we'll hear less from him, now he's lost his job, but I suspect that would be too optimistic.

Companies are already quietly planning moves out of the UK (whilst denying it of course). See

http://www.efinancialnews.com/story/2016-05-23/firms-to-move-staff-from-uk-after-brexit
http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-goldman-sachs-vodafone-moving-uk-jobs-eu-referendum-2016-6
http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/248265/london-banking-redundancies-brexit/

God only knows what that'll do to our already appalling trade balance!

Farage is responsible - along with some pretty unpleasant specimens in the tory party - for this mess.

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
The EU is responsible for the mess, destroying countries by diplomacy to take them over. We are lucky we got out before they did their number on us, if we had joined the Euro this would already have happened.

Its becoming more apparent that the next step is to take over the individual nations' military, at the same time they are encouraging EU population growth from people who will be highly dependent upon EU funding. Building up two armies at once basically ready for the eventual enlightenment should other states not realise what is going on.

If the United States of Germany is so wonderful why is there not more people from the EU heading there?

Germany has got dominance over the EU in most departments, if they hadn't they would be the first kicking up a stink and would end the EU project.

Addict
Addict
We have not left the EU yet, and I am sceptical that we will even leave at all. Jean Monnet one of the founders of the EU stated that economic policy should be used to justify a Super State in such a way that people didn't notice it was happening, and by the time they did, it would be almost impossible to undo it.

The way I see it now, the government are dragging their heels on article 50 because they are waiting for the dust to settle and will start Project Fea 2.0 via the media of all these companies who want to leave the UK, mass threats of job losses, and the biggest recession we have ever seen etc etc, then we will be told that it's too risky, so article 50 will not happen.

The EU will rub their hands together as they will hold all the cards. They said they want us out now because of the referendum result, but if we plead to stay in, and not invoke article 50, expect the condition of the Euro and Shengen to be implemented. No special opt-outs, no nothing. The opt-outs were never permanent anyway. The EU wants all member states to adopt the Euro by 2020, and France and Germany have already drawn up plans for the pooling of more sovereignty to Brussels. It's a disaster. Kiss goodbye to democracy and the will of the people, if it ever truly existed.

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
The EU has no say in when we declare article 50, in the mean time we remain a member as always, they can't impose the euro on us or anything like that.

Addict
Addict
If we leave the EU, they obviously can't force us to adopt the Euro, but if we stay in they can. We were told in 2010 that we would not be changing to the Euro in the lifetime of the parliament, which is 5 years. The Euro has never been permanently ruled out. It can only be permanently ruled out if we do leave the EU, but I doubt we will leave.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/uk-will-be...s-power-not-reformed-says-report-1453735

http://uk.businessinsider.com/credi...ars-if-it-votes-to-stay-in-the-eu-2015-6

Last edited by Kieran1981; 3rd Jul 2016 7:41pm.
Forum Addict
Online Content
Forum Addict
I don't think you have to be in the EU to adopt the Euro. In fact, nobody can stop us using it if we choose to do so. You can already spend them in M&S and many other shops in the UK. Outside the Eurozone, we have no say in it.

DD seems to have a very paranoid view of the EU. The fact that we can leave it simply on our decision is surely evidence that it is no more than a union of nations, agreeing rules to our mutual benefit. A club which you need to have certain qualifications to join, but which you can leave at any time you choose! Nobody seems to want an united states of Europe, and it cannot happen without all the members agreeing. As members we could have vetoed it. As non-members we cannot stop it happening if the remaining members choose to go for it, although I doubt they will.

The facts are that the EU has NO lawmaking powers. The pretence that it has is in the same league as the straight bananas stories. The EU is a sort of talking shop where member nations agree between themselves as to what regulations will apply across the EU. These regulations, once agreed, however, have to be passed by the individual nations before they become law in those countries. There is, of course, horsetrading. We agree to something we are not very keen on in exchange for the others agreeing to something we want.

Our politicians (and those in other EU countries)- being politicians, take all the credit for getting what they want, and blame the EU for forcing on them what is unpopular as if they resisted it, although in every case they agreed to it!

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Kieran1981
If we leave the EU, they obviously can't force us to adopt the Euro, but if we stay in they can. We were told in 2010 that we would not be changing to the Euro in the lifetime of the parliament, which is 5 years.

The EU cannot force the Euro on us, we have an opt-out from the Maastricht Treaty. The five years refers to the UK Government choosing to opt-in.

From the Maastricht Treaty, regarding Monetary Union ...

l. The United Kingdom shall notify the Council whether it intends to move to the third stage before the Council makes its assessment under Article 109j(2)of this Treaty.

Unless the United Kingdom notifies the Council that it intends to move to the third stage, it shall be under no obligation to do so.

If no date is set for the beginning of the third stage under Article 109j(3) of this Treaty, the United Kingdom may notify its intention to move to the third stage before I January 1998.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
BBC do give false reporting, as I mentioned once before in the case of Ian Duncan Smith resigning. Then DD , you forced me to admit defeat and blame my inability to function due to involuntary hallucinations laugh

Last night BBC news gave an insight into how the high street shops are slashing prices already. Did no one ever tell them that it is tradition that UK has July Sales, with prices slashed. I would say, if the outcome of Brexit is so tricky then retail would not be having their sales. If BBC reporting is so incorrect on such minor issues, how can we even trust them on the important ones.

Farage did at least force the issue of a referendum, and I think overall, the British people will be grateful for that chance.
What does worry me is the relative quietness that is now surrounding the whole affair, which rocked London to the core only a couple of weeks ago.

Can anyone remember the live footage of the BBC reporting on 9/11 as it happened ? Doesn't seem very convincing. Another report has an eye witness saying it looked like private plane, but reporting was immediately cut off.

[youtube]15_DS_6kZ1k[/youtube] Clearly not synchronised.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am