Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1009456 12th May 2016 5:37pm
Mark Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Promotion sent to wiki via email.

Allow me to introduce you to The Continental Circus

Berlin, appearing in New Brighton with a brand new production from the 17th to 22nd of May 2016.

NEW BRIGHTON

Kings Parade Circus Site. (The Dips)

Coastal Drive

CH45 0NQ

Tuesday 17th to Sunday 22nd May

Tuesday 7pm only

Wednesday to Friday 5pm & 7.45pm

Saturday 3pm & 6pm

Sunday 2pm & 5pm

We would like to offer you a 2for1 entry to the show.

Buy 2 full price adult tickets for the price of 1.
To redeem call the box-office on 01132602444 and quote the promotional code JUGGLER.
Offer not valid in conjunction with any other discount or against tickets already purchased

It would be great if you could share details of this on your forum.

Google Ads
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Thanks Mark

Looks good stuff.

"From the producers of the some of the world’s finest Circuses comes a brand new show.
Continental Circus Berlin with an amalgamation of brilliant Circus acts, music & real youthful energy, incorporating fantastic performers from all over the world

In an age where so much entertainment is unreal, made up of special effects, CGI and has a virtual reality, or is pre-recorded, multi-tracked, digitally enhanced or in some other way electronically created – the sheer reality of a live show with live music is a breath of fresh air and the feats and skills seen at Continental Circus Berlin are often so amazing that Circus-goers literally can not believe their eyes.

Housed in a climatically controlled Theatre style big top, this magical production is brimming with an international cast of breathtaking artistes, packed full of comedy, juggling, balancing, acrobatics & aerial acts – even the latest sensation the Laser Man!

This years spectacular features an unrivalled mix of genuine circus talent from every corner of the earth, and backed by a parade of good time pop & rock hits from the past four decades bringing an age-old tradition into the new millennium.

This animal free Circus is the finest show to come to town under the Continental Circus Berlin banner and this famous name has always been your guarantee of a great show, a rare treat, great fun & with something for all ages.

Continental Circus Berlin will be touring the UK for a mere 24 weeks so make certain this sure fire hit is a definite for your diary."

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Another load of foreign circus gypsies...sounds great.

We have enough gypsies in this country without inviting more over and actually paying for the privilege.

Bring back Cannon & Ball I say!

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
These people are here on a temporary basis, working , funding themselves , performing an animal free artistic show , that is not that common in this country . They are not as far as I know asking for free handouts, they aren't taking up accommodation destined for UK residents , and they dont try and force me to do acrobatics or wear skin tight bodysuits . Ive no more problem with them than Id have with a visiting foreign football team ---until any of them broke our laws.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by venice
These people are here on a temporary basis, working , funding themselves , performing an animal free artistic show , that is not that common in this country . They are not as far as I know asking for free handouts, they aren't taking up accommodation destined for UK residents , and they dont try and force me to do acrobatics or wear skin tight bodysuits . Ive no more problem with them than Id have with a visiting foreign football team ---until any of them broke our laws.

But visiting football teams aren't in this country using our facilities for 24 weeks without paying tax.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Well,admittedly, I suppose artistes whether they be touring circus or touring ballet, use local schools for a few weeks either side of the school holidays, if they do bring children , which would seem to make worse our shortage of school places -but have this outfit brought children? They use our roads free but thats like all other foreign drivers so why pick on them? Taxwise , under current tax rules , as artistes they are supposed to pay tax either here or in their home country - do we know they dont?
There are exceptions I know , but mainly they pay rent to a local farmer/land owner for their accommodation vans to go on and to dispose of their toilet waste,the rest of their waste goes into skips hired from local firms . They purchase their day to day needsand services from local shops, supporting the economy, and so on.

They are super fit athletes , but as regards medical care if its needed -- are you sure the Guild of circus/fairground travellers or whatever their title is doesnt have insurance arrangements for health and injury considering the nature of the performances? Do UK touring actors/entertainers have to pay tax in the country they are touring ?

As long as they dont stay in this country , and keep to our laws , Im ok with them bringing their skills here to entertain us .

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Yes they are supposed to pay tax in this country for money earned here but the problem is that they have the full personal allowance (currently about £11,000) even though they only work for part of the year. By roaming around different countries they pay tax in none of them.

Most Foreign workers are not entitled to a tax allowance but entertainers are. I can't see why entertainers are afforded special privileges when more essential trades (eg Surgeons, teachers) aren't.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Are they going to take all their advertising posters and board that are littering the borough back with them?

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Correction- I said foreign lorries etc dont have to pay tax on our roads, well, (against EU pressure )we do impose a tarrif on them , so entertainment business vehicles would presumably be caught by that.

Originally Posted by daveybm
Are they going to take all their advertising posters and board that are littering the borough back with them?

Of course they should, but agreed , many dont which yes is wrong.I wouldnt defend that any more than Id defend left behind posters for anything else,whether they be visiting foreigners or not. Im sick of seeing left behind 'car boot' , save such n such, ban the other , and vote so n so -all left behind by local residents half the time. Yes they pay council tax etc, but removing posters is NOT what their council does anyway.

Regarding the tax situation - are we going to resent some of the best foreign entertainment from touring the country , giving non city goers an opportunity to enjoy their skills,merely because the entertainers make sure they keep under the c£11k income tax limit? Surely thats no different from anyone else avoiding paying tax , by keeping to the letter of the rules to get the best deal for themselves .

If a country's laws allow a beneficial route, then all people will take advantage of it . Its surely up to the Govt to change the relevant law to make things fairer ?
You could argue that its not fair for well off pensioners to accept a free tele licence, free bus etc , or for foreign workers to get child allowance at uk rates to send home --- but we shouldnt be shunning the recipients.

I wouldnt have wanted to miss seeing Cirque du soleil in Chester a few years ago, just because our Govt hasnt got their own act together .

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
ps Whilst we all want the Govt to get their finger out and hammer them, who's going to deny themselves the use of Google, Uber, Mondelez (Cadburys) , Shell, Netflix etc , all of whom dont pay their fair share of tax here?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
We are talking about individuals, google employees in this country pay their fair share of tax.

The circus acts move around so that they can earn more than £11,000 and not pay tax. This gets more absurd when their transport fees to enable this are tax deductible.

Bigging up these entertainers that they are providing such a good public service that it justifies the tax arrangements is an insult to every other occupation, especially those that are paying tax.

Yes, its the Government's fault but that is no reason to respect freeloaders that exploit these obviously unfair arrangements, it is unfair to other tax payers, the idea that foreign nationals have better tax arrangements in our country than our own citizens is disgusting.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Bigging up these entertainers that they are providing such a good public service that it justifies the tax arrangements is an insult to every other occupation, especially those that are paying tax.

So who has said their service justifies the tax position ?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
So who has said their service justifies the tax position ?

You did, as it appeared you asked a rhetorical question.

Regarding the tax situation - are we going to resent some of the best foreign entertainment from touring the country , giving non city goers an opportunity to enjoy their skills,merely because the entertainers make sure they keep under the c£11k income tax limit?

They can earn a lot more than £11,000 and still pay no tax.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
I havent said I believe they SHOULD be allowed to have special tax arrangements . I said I enjoy their skills, and at least they are working for their money, and that I've no problem with them maximizing their earnings whilst its legal, by staying within certain earning limits to avoid tax . The very nature of touring means they HAVE to travel round , so obviously they are going to engineer their timings to best suit their earnings. There are tax anomalies all over the place .How many of us honestly pay a penny more tax than we legally need to? Also, our Govt has decided that the mobile arts/entertainments sector requires special tax treatment one way or another,so that they can bring 'culture' to the masses, so I suppose whilst we're in Europe, they are going to view foreign touring entertainers in a similar light.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
How many of us honestly pay a penny more tax than we legally need to?

Many (and probably most) people do, not many people check their tax calculations or bother claiming all tax deductions/credits they could.

I'll admit two things ...

I have been very harsh on the performers, it is purely the Government that is at fault.

I was two-faced calling them free loaders, I think I have only paid income tax one or two years out the previous twelve. I'll probably pay tax when I get my state pension but I doubt I will pay any before then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am